Sale Items Link Goes To Homepage

Guest macjs

For some reason the Sale Items link in the styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl template does not work. It forwards you to the homepage instead of showing a page with sale items.

The link I originally had in the .tpl file was: index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems

This link just brought up an Error page so then I checked an older version that works, and changed it to: index.php?act=viewCat&catId=saleItems

it still didn't work - the error was gone, but it forwarded to the site's Homepage.

* UPDATE:

After making the change above, I then tried the original link again (changing back to "_a" instead of "act") and IT NOW WORKS.

It was strange, because it seemed like the site needed to update or something. I also turned the Search Engine Friendly URL's option OFF, then back ON again..

Anyway, all is fixed.

omg, i think it's the server! I uploaded that fix the other day and it updated the site, now it's reverted back to the old file and I keep uploading it but it's not updating...

sorry.. I'll have to contact their hosting provider.

Guest kusogaki

I am having a similar problem where the sale items link goes to shop/cat_.html?saleItems when SEO is turned on. Just to make sure nothing was weird to begin with, I deleted the .htaccess file, turned off SEO then turned it back on followed by clicking the install .htaccess file and verified it was indeed there.

However I still got an error. Perhaps the rewrite code is wrong? This is what it changed from:

shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems

shop/cat_.html?saleItems

Anyone find a solution to this? Getting the following problems:

SEO: YES

Apache RewriteRule supported

Added .htaccess into root

Click Sale Items and get the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /cat_.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I switch to Apache directory 'lookback' supported only, delete .htaccess, click Sale Items, it shoots me back to the homepage.

When SEO is off, everything works fine.

I actually gave up on this one. I manually changed the template file, checked it's contents on the server and it was showing the correct link (not the cat_.html link it keeps forcing) so I don't know what the problem was. I also had SEO set up so I'm thinking this is the problem, just can't figure out why it's only happening with the Sale Items link.

An answer to this would be appreciated, if anyone knows a workaround because I've already started using other shopping carts for my clients, I can't waste this many hours on figuring out a problem like this again. I'm not a programmer, and if my clients are paying for a shopping cart, it looks bad on my part, if it's not working properly.

I actually gave up on this one. I manually changed the template file, checked it's contents on the server and it was showing the correct link (not the cat_.html link it keeps forcing) so I don't know what the problem was. I also had SEO set up so I'm thinking this is the problem, just can't figure out why it's only happening with the Sale Items link.

An answer to this would be appreciated, if anyone knows a workaround because I've already started using other shopping carts for my clients, I can't waste this many hours on figuring out a problem like this again. I'm not a programmer, and if my clients are paying for a shopping cart, it looks bad on my part, if it's not working properly.

The answer is easy - latest version, empty cache. Many people are oblivious of .htaccess update!

• 1 month later...
Guest dazza100

HI

I’m having a similar problem i have v3 and v4 installed. Version 4 in a different folder www.blushcosmetics.com/store sale item url points to my v3 store installed at the root. Can anyone help i have the latest version .htaccess

Thanks

Daz