E-mail Orders

Guest Will Hilbert

Guest Will Hilbert

Okay, so here's what I want to do. (And please tell me if I'm posting in the wrong forum for this). I would rather not go through a third party for payment transactions. I'd like to set something up such that customers give me their credit card information and it is somehow sent to my e-mail so that I can process it through the credit card machine in my store (I happen to have a lower fee through the bank that processes my transactions than one I can obtain online such as Paypal, etc).

One, can this be done? Two, would it be safe? Three, in your opinions would customers feel comfortable using this?

Thanks for any insights.

Will

Without going into details, but to aim you in the right direction, you could configure a payment gateway that generates a fax form (that you can edit). I don't have time to tell you anything other than look in

Payment Gateways > Print Order Form > Configure

Sending cc information to email is NOT secure.

I would suggest setting up a free account at mals-e.com and use the included mals module in cubecart. This will let your customers put in their cc information in mals secure server that you can then retrieve and process thru your stores terminal. I've done this for 7 years with no problems.

Or, if you want to set up SSL, you could use CC4 which includes a manual credit card processing module to gather your customers cc information and store it encrypted in you cc database.

Guest Charles2005

Another Note:

Usually when you setup your Merchant Account they will ask you what type of business it is.

They want to know if it is a brick and mortar business, online business, etc..

That is how they determine your rates. They usually charge a higher rate for internet business as there is a greater risk for fraud and you don't actually have the card presented directly to you and the card is not swiped either.

Your Merchant Provider may not you doing it that way and it "could" also be against your agreement.

If it is against your agreement and the Merchant Provider finds out they can terminate your Merchant Account.

Check your agreement and talk to your Merchant Provider.