Database From Cc3 To Cc4

Guest esthervdwal

Guest esthervdwal

Question: Is there a simple way to import the database from CC3 to CC4 so when you upgrade to CC4 you don't have to add all your products once again?

If there is could some one help me or tell me how to do this?

Guest esthervdwal

Maybe a stupid question but where can i find that in CC3 or in CC4?

And one more: Does it matter what version you've got from CC3? I didn't update from 3.06

Guest EverythingWeb

I dont *think* it will update from that version - I'd be very concerned if you've not upgraded from 3.0.6 - there's been a huge amount of security updates/measures put in place since then.

When you've uploaded v4, and you go to the setup/ folder, there will be two options - install or upgrade.

Choose upgrade.

Guest esthervdwal

Well okay then I am going to do it different. I will set up a new store behind the scenes so my old store can go on without errors etc. Behind the scenes I wille make the new store and add all the products one for one (that will be a lot of work but then it will be okay and safe)

Guest esthervdwal

Are you sure?

I'm afraid to do it, so afraid to lose my shop....

I must be certain if I do so...Because I have more then 1500 products in store

Guest esthervdwal

I was to scared..sorry...making a new shop behind the scenes just to be certain that my old shop can continue without errors. I tried to make a backup but because of the big database it stopped very time...so just to be sure I'm taking the 'difficult' way.. :whistle:

I was to scared..sorry...making a new shop behind the scenes just to be certain that my old shop can continue without errors. I tried to make a backup but because of the big database it stopped very time...so just to be sure I'm taking the 'difficult' way.. :whistle:
Try to copy your current database to a new one on the same server current one resides. Do use myPHPadmin. It should help you. Then do upgrade on the DB copy you created DO NOT perform any action on live database!

Guest esthervdwal

Maybe a little scared to do that too?

I've tried your way but keep getting mySql errors in the shop ...so is there anyone who can make a easy upgrade without loosing my current (big) shop?

The skin doesn't have to be safed I want to use the Carreta-Soft skin, don't have to safe the Mods, I start over. Only thing I want to hold is: Customers and Products and images etc.

So anyone? :P and most important what does it cost me and on what term can you do this?

Guest esthervdwal

Thanks, somebody allready contacted me so hopefully I don't have to add anymore products peace by peace...

Thanks so far for all your help! It was very helpfull :P