Add To Basket Fails (intermittent Problem, Some Customers Only, Perhap

Guest estelle

I'm also getting this problem every now and then. My customers are also complaining and we've lost sales due to it. I'm using firefox and kitablue with SEO enabled. This needs to be fixed and should have been months ago.

We are using CubeCart 4.3.2. I have paid for CC4.

Daniel

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also getting this problem every now and then. My customers are also complaining and we've lost sales due to it. I'm using firefox and kitablue with SEO enabled. This needs to be fixed and should have been months ago.

We are using CubeCart 4.3.2. I have paid for CC4. I'm wondering whether I should just look at another cart because potentially this has/will loose use thousands of pounds in sales.

Daniel

Guest Ghost armor

Have tried every suggest fix. Nothing resolves this. I know I am not the one when I say I am now exploring other cart options since this issue can't seem to be fixed. Can anyone official comment on this? You are costing us and many other stores a lot of money. This needs to be resolved NOW!

Guest CybaGirl

Just installed CubeCart-4.3.3 and I am having this issue ;)....

Cannot believe this is not fixed yet after so much time....

I am using Firefox v2.0.0.20

I am having the issue of things not being added to the cart or CubeCart remembering me when I have logged in. However if I use Internet Explorer 7 then I don't have this issue. Furthermore if I switch rendering engines ( IE Plugin for Firefox) in my Firefox there is no problem and I can add things to the cart and when I log in it remembers me. The problem is only happening when using the Firefox rendering engine.

Anyone else know what can be done about this?

As I was all set to buy CubeCart 4 after playing around with version 3 of CubeCart but now I am unsure......

EDIT: I tried looking at the config file to change the code as suggested but with version 4.3.3.3 the code is different and what you are told to look for and replace does not exist anymore.

UPDATE: Made a backup of my "C:\Documents and Settings\CybaGirl\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" directory and then deleted all the ccUser cookies and the shopping cart works in Firefox. So there is still an issue with cookies here.

If anyone comes up with a proper fix and wants to post it. I would be more than happy to restore my directory backup and try the fix out.

Guest ftforum

My CC4 store is also experiencing this issue. I am not a happy chappy at the moment. Having recently added a new high demand product to the store, 2 out of every 5 customers were unable to place an order.

I have paid good money for CC4 and am getting pretty fed up of this substandard development. I suggest CC sort this out as soon as they can or they will find their reputation plunge!

Guest RenateH

It appears that in my case, at least, this issue plus the inability to log in was due to something in Firefox 3.0.11 When I installed 3.0.12 yesterday, the issue disappeared, at least on my computer. I have done some testing, but not a lot. I have Andrew's modification in place as well as the destroy sessions command commented out in the classes/session/cc_session.php file, as per Al's instructions.

The problem is still there. It probably had more to do with restarting the computer that made it go away, than the new version of Firefox. sorry. Haven't had a non-guest visitor on the site in quite a while which tells me a lot of people cannot access my cart.

Renate

Guest imjesus

It appears that in my case, at least, this issue plus the inability to log in was due to something in Firefox 3.0.11 When I installed 3.0.12 yesterday, the issue disappeared, at least on my computer. I have done some testing, but not a lot. I have Andrew's modification in place as well as the destroy sessions command commented out in the classes/session/cc_session.php file, as per Al's instructions.

The problem is still there. It probably had more to do with restarting the computer that made it go away, than the new version of Firefox. sorry. Haven't had a non-guest visitor on the site in quite a while which tells me a lot of people cannot access my cart.

Renate

It seems that more and more people are experiencing this problem. We are in desperate need of official support. I have had numerous emails today from customers saying 'I can't add products to my cart.' Then the customer leaves, and I've lost £80...! CubeCart is so fantastic until this problem happens, this is the only problem that I can't fix myself.

Guest Word-Up!?

I know I am in the CC4 section, but this is happening to my site using CC3.0.19. I am NOT using the SEO mod and every browser I try in - IE8.0, Opera 9.23, Firefox 3.0.1 has the same issue when I visit the site fresh and try to add to the cart. I must click "empty cart" then re-add the product to get it to go into the cart. Seems like most proposed fixs out there assume it is the fault of the SEO mod... Not so sure that is the case. I am a dummy, but will continue testing and looking over these forums for fixes. Seems hopeless though - this is hurting the relationship I have built with my client.

Guest CybaGirl

Seems like most proposed fixs out there assume it is the fault of the SEO mod... Not so sure that is the case.

The SEO is not the problem as I do not even have it enabled and I still get these issues. Its obvious from all the complaints here that CubeCart can not be trusted at the moment and it seems to be loosing money and business for people which is something I cannot afford to loose.

No one seems to be interested in fixing these issues and I cannot believe the lack of interest from developers or other experienced users of CubeCart wanting to help try and fix this problem. The thing that is really scary is I know some of you are having your customers contact you and report this issue. But I have to ask the question? How many people just get cheesed off and leave your site without even contacting you? I bet for every person that lets you know about this issue there is probably at least another two or possibly more that don't even bother and just buy elsewhere. A simple look at your web logs should be able to give you an indication of this.

So on this note I wont be purchasing CC4 and I have decided to go with an alternative shopping cart system.

Guest imjesus

Seems like most proposed fixs out there assume it is the fault of the SEO mod... Not so sure that is the case.

The SEO is not the problem as I do not even have it enabled and I still get these issues. Its obvious from all the complaints here that CubeCart can not be trusted at the moment and it seems to be loosing money and business for people which is something I cannot afford to loose.

No one seems to be interested in fixing these issues and I cannot believe the lack of interest from developers or other experienced users of CubeCart wanting to help try and fix this problem. The thing that is really scary is I know some of you are having your customers contact you and report this issue. But I have to ask the question? How many people just get cheesed off and leave your site without even contacting you? I bet for every person that lets you know about this issue there is probably at least another two or possibly more that don't even bother and just buy elsewhere. A simple look at your web logs should be able to give you an indication of this.

So on this note I wont be purchasing CC4 and I have decided to go with an alternative shopping cart system.

I have purchased CC4 some time ago and have spent over 1 year customizing and working with CC and believe it is ideal for our sort of business. I am confident however that my cosmetic alterations have not caused this problem - also with so many people having the same issue (and also installing fresh copies elsewhere) it is definately nothing to do with my cosmetic alterations.

I am so pleased with CubeCart apart from this 'Add to Basket' issue. Is there any way we can demand some sort of Official help? I have paid over £120 for this software and for 10% of customers being unable to purchase is just not right. Our store is increasing in hits daily, especially through sponsored links, which I am essentially wasting if the customer cannot even add stuff to their basket. Even more so when they are customers who will simply shop elsewhere if they can't get the site to work properly! Arrrgh!

I am a new user of CC, having just purchased 4.3.3. I built out my store, tested it, and announced a launch date of Aug 1. To finalize the merchant account before going live tomorrow, my payment gateway provider wanted to run some verifications -- guess what, they tried it on three different browser platforms and encountered this issue on all three. Needless to say, I will miss the go-live commitment, and who knows how many potential purchases?

Who from CC is supposed to be participating in this forum? I know it says that they may not participate frequently, but this has been going on for over a year - surely one of them would have dropped by once and detected the growing frustration. Has anyone ever seen a CC rep in here?

How many folks have directly requested assistance from CC on this issue?

Anyone have a recommendation for another shopping cart (that works) that I can go buy and get started rebuiling this store?

Guest Rselbo

Al, don't you care that the software you have charged everyone for is losing them money on a daily basis? We're talking thousands of pounds in lost orders. Read this thread for gods sake. Our store is heavily customised and we're not in a position to shell out a few more grand to move away from Cubecart. Now we're stuck with a cart where customers can't checkout on a daily basis.

If I want support I have to pay you yet another $150 when the fact is I shouldn't have to pay when this thread seems evidence enough that CubeCart has a major bug. Were it not for this bug I'd be delighted with the script.

Well, I just wanted to write in here and say that I have submitted a ticket to the support team (since my support plan is still active)....Even though I haven't come across this issue myself (haven't done much testing though), it makes me nervous to see what's happening to other businesses and what could potentially happen to mine. In my support ticket, I told them that alot of people in here are wanting and waiting for someone from the official support team to come in and update us on what's happening....here's hoping someone replies soon...I'll keep you posted on what reply I get....!

Hi guys,

I was a bit confused by the reply I received. At first I was told that if I am running the latest version of Cubecart I should be fine but when I said that people are still having issues (with the latest version) I received a reply containing a small bit of coding to change. I asked if I could post the coding/change here but I was told there is no need to as a new version of CubeCart is going to be released soon and should fix these problems.

So yeah hmm :)

I'm getting this error as well on my 4.3 store.

Please post what support has to say.

Jack

Is this 4.3.0 or 4.3.3? This should not be an issue in 4.3.3. We have also found from support tickets the the majority of people with this problem have actually had bad file paths in the configuration files.

Guest CybaGirl

I had version 4.3.3 installed and it was an issue for me. As I said previously. I kept a backup of my Firefox cache if you would like me to do some testing for you. Because by deleting my cache was the only way in which I could fix this problem. But not everyone will know how to do this. So this is what makes this a big issue in my opinion.

Guest Rselbo

I asked if I could post the coding/change here but I was told there is no need to as a new version of CubeCart is going to be released soon and should fix these problems.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to upgrade due to the addition of dozens of mods and code changes, I'm sure we're not alone in this situation either :) If you can post the code changes here that would be much appreciated :)

Guest jackc

I'm getting this error as well on my 4.3 store.

Please post what support has to say.

Jack

Is this 4.3.0 or 4.3.3? This should not be an issue in 4.3.3. We have also found from support tickets the the majority of people with this problem have actually had bad file paths in the configuration files.

Which configuration files and how should they be pointed?

I have a heavily modded store. If I can get a synopsis of the files and coding changes, between 4.3 and 4.3.3 I can probably update just those.

Jack

Guest cwalter

Hi Kinderyum

Are you able to please post the code that will fix this error? Because from now until the new update is released is way too much money to loose in this error. So if you know the code to fix this problem can you please post here so everyone who knows about this problem can fix it to.

In response to Al's post yesterday, i have 3 stores using cc4.3.3 and all 3 stores have this problem with ie8

Thanks

Cwalter

I am going to close this topic as this isn't considered to be an issue from 4.3.3 and above. We don't want to delete this post to hide the fact there have been problems for some people in the past. If you thin this issue is affecting you PLEASE send a support ticket and we will investigate your store for you. If you need to purchase support time and your store is caused by a bug we will be more than happy to refund your support purchase.

More often than not issues such as this can occur from bad or incorrect settings or third party tools blocking cookies.