Revamped For 2008 Www.henna-boy.co.uk

Guest hennaboy

Guest hennaboy

Ive revamped my store. Well actually my entire website.

Rather than Cubecart being a part of the site its now the main focus.

I still wanted to keep a main front page for updates and adding more info than what you can get on the actual shop homepage.

My thanks go to Projeto who did the theme. I was working on my own but then when I saw that theme I thought it suited my needs perfectly.

Thanks also go to the modders listed below and of course to the Cubecart Team.

The store is running Cubecart 4.1.0 rc 2

Theme: Harun by Projeto

Mods installed: Print Label (my own!), All in one shipping (Estelle Winterflood), Clone Product (Convict), Loyalty Mod (Projeto), Fully Flexible Contact Forms (Estelle Winterflood)

Henna Boy - Online shopping for natural henna and hair products

Guest harrishcl

not bad , nice theme colors ,,,

but after open the front page ,, no picture representation of the product , not in header as well in the body of front page ,,

• 1 month later...
Guest WeirdGear Dave

Nice! I really like the design - subtle and nice choice of colours. I agree with the others that it might be a bit wordy - but then again the site is informative.

Did you modify one of the skins or did you create your own template?

Dave

Guest Brivtech

I think you did the right thing - You turned it into an ecommerce focused site, and as such works better.

I'm seeing the font used slightly garbled as if it was made as an image that was slightly scaled down.

I'm seeing the font used slightly garbled as if it was made as an image that was slightly scaled down.
I see that a lot these days... it is a 'feature' of the Kita skins... a non-standard font is used, presumably the 'Lucida Sans' fonts. It makes the text difficult to read. :)

btw, the site needs work for IE6. The content area is below the left column, and there is a very big gap between the end of the site at the bottom, and the bottom of the page.

Guest Amit Khetan

btw, the site needs work for IE6. The content area is below the left column, and there is a very big gap between the end of the site at the bottom, and the bottom of the page.

The right column being wrapped to the bottom of the page seems to be a problem with the skin itself. I had exchanged quite a few mails and phone conversations with the Projeto Andrews team trying to figure out if it was a problem of resolution. However, it is simply that the template won't work properly in IE6.

I guess it should be a simple CSS fix and perhaps the solution can be cascaded to all the purchasers of this particular skin.

Regards,

Amit

http://www.holyrudraksha.com

The right column being wrapped to the bottom of the page seems to be a problem with the skin itself. I had exchanged quite a few mails and phone conversations with the Projeto Andrews team trying to figure out if it was a problem of resolution. However, it is simply that the template won't work properly in IE6.

I guess it should be a simple CSS fix and perhaps the solution can be cascaded to all the purchasers of this particular skin.

Regards,

Amit

http://www.holyrudraksha.com

This happens when the columns are too large to fit inside the parent div side-by-side. This is often an issue with IE6 due to the way padding and margins are treated I believe. It can be fixed relatively easily through a little trial and error. The last statistics I read showed that IE6 is still the most popular browser. It does not make sense not to support IE6. It may take a little extra work but is certainly worth the time input. The makers of the skin don't provide a list of known supported browsers. Therefore, you may not be able to claim this as a "bug".

This happens when the columns are too large to fit inside the parent div side-by-side. This is often an issue with IE6 due to the way padding and margins are treated I believe. It can be fixed relatively easily through a little trial and error. The last statistics I read showed that IE6 is still the most popular browser. It does not make sense not to support IE6. It may take a little extra work but is certainly worth the time input. The makers of the skin don't provide a list of known supported browsers. Therefore, you may not be able to claim this as a "bug".
I would definately call it a bug, it doesn't work properly with the most popular browser. Customers will be lost because they will not realise to scroll to the bottom of the page for what should be right in front of them.