Categories And Products Unaccessable

Guest ComTech

Guest ComTech

Hello,

I am now trialing V4 after many failed attempts to get PayPal IPN working properly in V3 which in all other aspects works fine. V4 installs ok and I can select the default test product that comes with the trial version. However after configuring in Admin and then adding a new category with a new product, I am unable to access the new product on the website. Nor am I able to access the default test product. The following message is displayed in the browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Found

The requested URL /test/cat_4.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7a FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.abc.com.au Port 80

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have removed the URL for now. If I could fix the V3 PayPal issue, I would probably stay with V3 for now.

Can anyone please advise.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brandidea

You didn't load or update the .htaccess file. Search Engine Friendly URLs won't work without it.

:)

I'm having the same problem... I don't see a ".htaccess file in the CubeCart-4.1.1 files. Where can I find the file?

If I am to update my current ".htaccess" file instead, what should I update it with?

Thanks!

You didn't load or update the .htaccess file. Search Engine Friendly URLs won't work without it.

:)

I'm having the same problem... I don't see a ".htaccess file in the CubeCart-4.1.1 files. Where can I find the file?

If I am to update my current ".htaccess" file instead, what should I update it with?

Thanks!

Go into your Admin Control Panel then into General Settings then scroll to the bottom where you should see the information that should go into your .htaccess file. Copy this information and save it as a new text file on your computer named .htaccess OR just edit it. Then upload that file to your web site via FTP. It needs to be in the main folder that your store is installed into.

• 1 month later...

:yeahhh:

Thanks!

Go into your Admin Control Panel then into General Settings then scroll to the bottom where you should see the information that should go into your .htaccess file. Copy this information and save it as a new text file on your computer named .htaccess OR just edit it. Then upload that file to your web site via FTP. It needs to be in the main folder that your store is installed into.

Sir William,

I had thought this would solve my problem but it does not seem to so am asking you same questions sent with ticket earlier... messages copied below.

I have deleted setup directory and the store homepage is coming up now.

I am still having errors when I go to view products (not available to assign to a category) and view categories (is hiding categories).

Error Message:

1146: Table 'shop_shapelyf732.CubeCart_filemanager' doesn't exist

SQL:

SELECT * FROM CubeCart_filemanager WHERE type = '1' AND disabled = '0' ORDER

BY filename ASC LIMIT 0,30

Error Message:

1054: Unknown column 'seo_custom_url' in 'field list'

SQL:

SELECT cat_name, cat_id, cat_father_id, seo_custom_url FROM

CubeCart_category WHERE cat_id=4

What plan of attack would you suggest? The database?

When managing images I am unable to make thumbnails, from uploaded images getting this Error Message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/var/www/domains/shop.shapelyforms.com/docs/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_7sins.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /var/www/domains/shop.shapelyforms.com/docs/classes/gd/gd.inc.php on line 225

thank you for your kind help :)

Val

Valerie Woelk

www.shapelyforms.com

www.valeriewoelk.com

where artwork takes to form...