Catalogue Sort Order Solved. Basket Sort Order Not Solved.

Transistor

I wanted to do two things.

1. Present the category views sorted by product code. I've succeeded doing this by adding "ORDER BY productCode" to line 166 of includes/content/viewCat.inc.php. See below:

$productListQuery = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']

."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId, productCode, quantity, description, image, price, name, popularity, sale_price, stock_level, useStockLevel FROM "

.$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ON "

.$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId WHERE "

.$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId'])

." ORDER BY productCode";

(The line is one long line in the original script.)

2. Now I want to show the basket sorted by productCode but haven't figured it out yet. I think it would have to be a similar mod in includes/content/cart.inc.php. Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks.

...show the basket sorted by productCode. I think it would have to be in includes/content/cart.inc.php.
You might think. But the best place might be in (1) cart.inc.php, or perhaps (2) add a new function to the cart class.

For each visitor, CC asks PHP to create a session. The session ID is stored in the database table "CubeCart_sessions". The basket contents are "serialized". You would need to do a lot of discovery to understand the serialization of the cart.

(1) You would need to write new code to sort $basket at about line 44 (or maybe near line 354). Or,

(2) You would need to write new code in the cart class to add a sort function to the class.