Unable To Create Thumbnails

Guest Cynscreations

Guest Cynscreations

I am unable to create thumbnails.

I get the the following error message.

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/dionysus/public_html/shop/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_BA0010.jpg' for writing in /home/dionysus/public_html/shop/classes/gd/gd.inc.php on line 231

Please advise.

Thank you

• 1 year later...
Guest MasterSites

Looks like a permissions problem. Check the permissions on the uploads/ and uploads/thumbs

How do you check permissions?Where?

As hennaboy and Ausy said

it sounds like a permissions issue

Using the FTP program that you used to uplaod all your file sto your host - Right click on the Images/Uploads folder and if on a windows host change the security settings to allow read and write permissions to all users. then do the same for Images/Uploads/Thumbs

If on a Linux host - simply right click the folder and change the permissions to 777

Thanks

Rob

Looks like a permissions problem. Check the permissions on the uploads/ and uploads/thumbs

How do you check permissions?Where?

As hennaboy and Ausy said

it sounds like a permissions issue

Using the FTP program that you used to uplaod all your file sto your host - Right click on the Images/Uploads folder and if on a windows host change the security settings to allow read and write permissions to all users. then do the same for Images/Uploads/Thumbs

If on a Linux host - simply right click the folder and change the permissions to 777

Thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob. I did that but I stil can't view any thumbnails...I have cubecart support looking itno ti but they have yet to get back to me. We'll see what happens...I hope they can figure it out. I really like the cart otherwise but can't use it until I get thumbnail issue resolved. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest IanSaunders

Don't know if this has been resolved or not, but I had the same problem

I'd checked permissions on /uploads, but my ftp client wouldn't let me access the permissions on the /uploads/thumbs folder. I had to start downloading the folder for it to recognise it and give me access to the permissions whic allowed me to fix the issue.

hope this helps.