Card Capture Errors

Guest kusogaki

Guest kusogaki

Hello all.

I'm using credit card manual processing for CC V4 though I am currently working on finishing a mod to get Linkpoint working with it since it used to be in CC V3 and that is my payment gateway of choice. In any case, I haven't run into any real snags yet, but I have had one customer who has tried multiple cards but somehow keeps getting a "card not recognized" error during checkout.

I want to assume he isn't being a n00b and is doing something wrong, so I wonder if there are other people that have issues with certain cards but others process without a hitch?

UPDATE: Okay, so apparently there are some sort of problem here as I was able to test with a Mastercard and it worked, but with a Visa I got the "card number is not recognized" error versus the "number is not valid" which I get for just punching in random numbers as a test.

Does the manual card capture check numbers for validity like gateways?

UPDATE 2: I found a similar issue via the bug tracker http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=710 and the error mirrors mine. Flags a Visa debit card with the error. However, according to the tracker, this was fixed in 4.1.0 update...but I have the 4.1.0RC2 so perhaps it really hasn't been resolved?