Customer Emails Not Going Out

Guest Alex Cole

Guest Alex Cole

hello, I have installed CC 4 and am currently testing to see if this cart will work for our needs. The trouble I am having at this time is when proceccing orders. When an order comes in does Cube Cart (CC) send out an email to notify you via email?

When I am processing an order I check the box to notify the customer of an order status change and those emails never arrive to the customers I have setup? When I do send a mailing from the CC Email Customers menu I do get those emails so I feel it is safe to assume that my email settings are correct or this wouldn't work either.

Any help on this would appreciated.

Alex

Guest Alex Cole

I wanted to add some more info. When I switch the mail type to Mail() then I get this in my servers error log.

sendmail: No recipients found, aborting...

Failed loading /home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so: /home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Failed loading /home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so: /home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

220-host101.hostmonster.com ESMTP Exim 4.68 #1 Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:29:56 -0700

220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,

220 and/or bulk e-mail.

250-host101.hostmonster.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]

250-SIZE 52428800

250-PIPELINING

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

250-STARTTLS

250 HELP

250-SIZE 52428800

250-PIPELINING

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

250-STARTTLS

250 HELP

250 OK

250 Accepted

354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself

550 Administrative prohibition

220-host101.hostmonster.com ESMTP Exim 4.68 #1 Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:29:59 -0700

220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,

220 and/or bulk e-mail.

250-SIZE 52428800

250-PIPELINING

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

250-STARTTLS

250 HELP

250-SIZE 52428800

250-PIPELINING

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

250-STARTTLS

250 HELP

250 OK

250 Accepted

354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself

550 Administrative prohibition

[sat Jan 26 14:30:02 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:03 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:03 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:07 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:07 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:08 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:09 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

[sat Jan 26 14:30:10 2008] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring

The check box to notify the customer of an order status change does not exist in CubeCart 4 wondering what place did you see it? :angry: There is NO feature to send custom text to a customer too.

When an order comes in Cube Cart send out an email to notify admin and customer once this is not disabled in General Settings.

Email to a customer using order status dropdown box (or by payment check) is sent once order status has beens changed to:

Processing

Completed

Failed

Canceled

this feature is not adjustable in admin area.

Please note this is to the 4.1.1 stated. Your issue seems to be to post server related because of level of filtering/settings / black listed email/IP. This is not a CubeCart issue.

*** ADDED

Missed post above by writing this post. Make sure customer has an valid email in View Customers area specified.

Edited by convict

Guest Alex Cole

the customer email is valid as it is me and one of my email addresses that I am testing with. I still cannot get this figured out. I do thank you for your time and ask if you or anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks

the customer email is valid as it is me and one of my email addresses that I am testing with. I still cannot get this figured out. I do thank you for your time and ask if you or anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks

Are you talking about this check box in the newest version? If so we are having the same issue. I will keep you informed if we get this fixed. We think it might be on our server.

cubecart.jpg

Guest Alex Cole

Yes that is the same button. actually in my test sales that I have been doing the only notification that the customer gets is the msg from paypal.

also how am I to know that the paypal payment went through. I am using standard paypal setup...not direct. When I make the payment I am not redirected back to my store. I just get left at my paypal page...and in the store it shows in the "Orders" page that the customer used paypal as a payment method but does that mean that the paypal payment went through? Do I need to look for my email from paypal to make sure we actually received payment?

I am new to all of this and I think CC is defenatly the easiest cart out there from what I have seen but I am really questioning if it is our solution based on some of the issues I am having. I don't want to have to buy it to get answeres to these questions...you know.

Any help at this point is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Thanks

Are you talking about this check box in the newest version? If so we are having the same issue. I will keep you informed if we get this fixed. We think it might be on our server.

cubecart.jpg

Why do you post the CubeCart version 3 order details page here? This is CubeCart 4 thread, no such check box in latest CC4 version (4.1.1) :D

Yes that is the same button. actually in my test sales that I have been doing the only notification that the customer gets is the msg from paypal.

Such checkbox does not exist yet thus custom text for customer once status has been changed. This old known CC3 feature comming back soon.

also how am I to know that the paypal payment went through. I am using standard paypal setup...not direct. When I make the payment I am not redirected back to my store. I just get left at my paypal page...and in the store it shows in the "Orders" page that the customer used paypal as a payment method but does that mean that the paypal payment went through? Do I need to look for my email from paypal to make sure we actually received payment?

Please see this thread (initial post is just enough), it does not matter it is CC3 based. Any CubeCart URLs mentioned there you find in CC4 PayPal IPN config area.

Guest Alex Cole

Yes I am indeed running CC3. sorry about that...my hosting service had an install script that auto installed it for me and I thought it was CC4 but I guess not. Can one of the admins move this thread to the CC3 as I still cannot get any notice mails coming from the store going to the customers. I would like to be able to do this. Is this somthing that I need to install CubeCart 4 to get?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest georule

We're having this problem too, on our second CC3 install (different domain than the first one, but the same server).

Bulk emails WORK.

Password change emails to the customer WORK.

Admin emails do NOT work.

Customer order confirmation emails do NOT work.

Customer order status change emails (the little check box thingy in admin Orders page) do NOT work.

We've tried all combinations of SMTP and mail(). Using SMTP can get the bulk emailer and password change emails to work (which proves it isn't a problem with the SMTP server nor the email settings on the General Settings page), but the rest never work.

Any help appreciated.

Guest welshwonder

I am having the same problem on my install of CubeCart.

I have entered all email details which are correct for my host (1 and 1) and NO emails are sent. I get the error message:

"Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk:25 in /homepages/40/d109694186/htdocs/xultima/classes/smtp.php on line 87"

It's driving me nuts...

Any help?

EDIT:

Just found this http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....582&hl=smtp , swtiched to mail() and working fine...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest georule

We had a php dev friend of ours look at this issue. He found the same problem when we tried out a trial install of CC4 to upgrade one of our two CC installs. The one CC3 install we have that works for this is 3.0.13. The other, newer, install that refuses to work is 3.0.17, and even upgraded to 4.0 that install does not work for admin and customer emails (tho works fine for bulk emails). Here's what he said after several hours of testing and debugging:

"What I've learned is that CC3 swiched email libraries between the 3.0.13 release on ha.net and 3.0.17 on ve.com, and it seems to make all the difference."

That's not a solution, but it may help the CC developers localize the problem and address it.

Guest georule

Okay. I'm not at all sure that all of us are talking about the same problem. However, *our* problem was fixed due to the sleuthing of our own dev, and I thought I'd provide the solution that worked for us in case it would help others as well. I'm one of the admins of the site, rather than a dev, but I've tested the fix and it works for us.

Our dev says that the problem is with "qmail" and is a known bug described here: http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html

The fix is to find these lines in your "\classes\smtp.php" file at ~ line 142:

$body = str_replace(CRLF.'.', CRLF.'..', $this->body);

$body = $body[0] == '.' ? '.'.$body : $body;

And replace them with these lines instead:

$body = preg_replace('#(?<!\r)\n#',CRLF,$this->body);

$body = str_replace(CRLF.'.', CRLF.'..', $body);

$body = $body[0] == '.' ? '.'.$body : $body;

And that's it. I hope this helps some of you at least, as it was a major pain in our rear!