Usps Priority And Express Mail Variable Rate

Guest Kristina

Guest Kristina

After some research I was able to come up with a hack for the USPS mod to use the variable rates in USPS.

What creates the error with priority and express variable rates is that CC is passing a container code which you need for flat rate stuff, but your not supposed to send a container code for variable rates. This hack is so easy, that I almost fell over and wanted to kick myself for the number of hours I spent looking at the code.

So here goes

Open up yourstore/modules/shipping/usps/class.usps.php

Find:

$this->request_xml .= '<Container>' . strtoupper($attribs['container']) . '</Container>';

Change to (comment it out):

// $this->request_xml .= '<Container>' . strtoupper($attribs['container']) . '</Container>';

Notes:

You must uncomment this code (change it back) if you decide to use flat rate in the future. It needs the container code.

THanks for finding this! I was able to get rid of the container error. But the rates are incorrect, it only comes up as $5.00 for any weight, which is the handling fee. I am on the production server. Is there another step to get proper rates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest judymrogers

Hi, Im new at this... a need to know if someone can help me with this issue. Please.....

i PURCHASED CUBE CART version Version 4.2.1 a month ago or less

And the issue I have is that I dont want to offer any kind of flat rate options either local or international. Contacting cube cart customer service we managed to remove ALL FLAT RATE Options from local shipping ONLY ... BUT HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO REMOVE THEM FROM INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. Can you please help...?? This represents a huge loss for us.

Guest judymrogers

can you help me with this:

I need to cancel all FLAT RATE OPTIONS TO INTERNATIONAL orders... ON USPS..

Maybe even... offer USPS and UPS Local... but only UPS for international...

Dont know what to do...

Just now that Im loosing lots of money... if this cant be resolved i would need to change cart ( I guess )..

Or maybe.. is there any check out method (like Google , etc) that would include the shipping part on their side??

I dont know too much about this... no webmaster here... just a store owner trying to do their best..

Please help...

:(

• 2 months later...
Guest DesignGal

can you help me with this:

I need to cancel all FLAT RATE OPTIONS TO INTERNATIONAL orders... ON USPS..

Maybe even... offer USPS and UPS Local... but only UPS for international...

Dont know what to do...

Just now that Im loosing lots of money... if this cant be resolved i would need to change cart ( I guess )..

Or maybe.. is there any check out method (like Google , etc) that would include the shipping part on their side??

I dont know too much about this... no webmaster here... just a store owner trying to do their best..

Please help...

:)

I am having the same issue - it should cost 300+ dollars to ship internationally but it's giving me an option for 25.95 for a flat rate envelope - not good!!! How can this be fixed!!! we have lots of international customers.