Credit Card Not Accepted If Shipping Address Is Different From Invoice

Guest blueveil

Guest blueveil

This is weird. If the shipping address is different than the invoice address, the credit card will not be accepted with paypal pro. (direct payment).

But when I change it back to the invoice address the credit card goes through.

Anyone else having this problem?

It's not a "problem" but a security function. Paypal (and a lot of other merchant processors) will only process the transaction if the address matches the billing address of the credit card. just make sure you stress this on your order form - the customer can always specify a different shipping address if you choose to allow it, but the billing address HAS to be their credit card billing address.

The only time this is a problem is that you cannot process gift cards thru Paypal as they do not have addresses. You can do them thru propay.com though.

Guest blueveil

Yes, the credit card will go through when the Billing (invoice) address is the same as the shipping address.

It's when they choose to ship the item to another address as a gift that the card is declined.

Well I don't use paypals direct payment, I process all cards manually thru their virtual terminal, but in VT, the main address has to be the billing address, but you can enter a separate shipping address and it will go thru. You might check and see if there is a setting in paypal that allows a different shipping address or something?

Guest blueveil

I called Paypal, and the problem seems to be that the billing address and the shipping address are getting switched. So that when the card is processed, it is denied.

They said that they do not deny transactions based on the shipping address.

So cube cart is making the switch for some reason.

What file should I look at to check out this problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hmmm. Which version of cubecart are you using? I've never heard of this before, but you would need to check the modules files for the payment method you are using. Not sure which folder it is offhand for paypal direct.

• 1 month later...
Guest blueveil

Well, after much testing, it seems that Paypal pro is using the shipping information from the cart for authorization of the credit card.

I have put in bogus information for the invoice and credit card info at cubecart checkout, but kept the shipping info correct for my credit card.

It went through no problem.

But, when I put in the correct credit card information in the billing area, and use bogus shipping info, the credit card fails authorization.

So, what is happening is that when the person uses the same billing information as shipping. Their credit card goes through fine.

But, if they change the shipping name and address, it fails.

Anyone who can help me with this strange reversal of gateway information I will gladly pay.

$100.00 U.S. for anyone who can figure this out.

I am losing sales.

Ed.

• 11 months later...

Well, after much testing, it seems that Paypal pro is using the shipping information from the cart for authorization of the credit card.

I have put in bogus information for the invoice and credit card info at cubecart checkout, but kept the shipping info correct for my credit card.

It went through no problem.

But, when I put in the correct credit card information in the billing area, and use bogus shipping info, the credit card fails authorization.

So, what is happening is that when the person uses the same billing information as shipping. Their credit card goes through fine.

But, if they change the shipping name and address, it fails.

Anyone who can help me with this strange reversal of gateway information I will gladly pay.

$100.00 U.S. for anyone who can figure this out.

I am losing sales.

Ed.

Are you still having this issue? It is also been a pain in the butt for me as well and just wondering if you were able to find the solution or someone has fixed for you yet?

-Tim H.