Cart Simply Doesn't Work Wtih Our Server Checkout Stalls

Anyone else seen this? Add products to basket, click View basket (slow loading to login), login and then go to place order (to payment selection screen) and it hangs for 30-60 seconds?

Seems like a sessions issue or its contacting Cubecarts servers or something laggy... I have disabled ssl, reenabled it, shipping methods, payment methods, everything, nothing fixes this problem.

We are running PHP Version 5.1.6 on a dedicated server with no traffic at all. Everything (and I mean everything@@) is configured correctly. The cart was working fine and customers were placing orders. Database is optimized, but simply stopped working now. Any ideas??

Cubecart 4.1.1

PHP Version: 5.1.6

MySQL Version: 5.0.22

Happens in both IE and Firefox.

Question? Does Cubecart call outside of the website from customer login screen to Place order now?

Okay, found out it was not the cart. We are having a timeout issue with mail server when banner is being called. ThePlanet techs are on it as we speak. Since we installed the Contact us form, we enabled SMTP and that was slowing down the page.

What the heck???

...cubecart, i apologize. <_<

• 2 years later...
Guest RCHeliGuy

Okay, found out it was not the cart. We are having a timeout issue with mail server when banner is being called. ThePlanet techs are on it as we speak. Since we installed the Contact us form, we enabled SMTP and that was slowing down the page.

What the heck???

...cubecart, i apologize. <_<

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Just had the EXACT same problem.... problem solved!!