Authorize.net Module Not Checking Expiration Or Cvc2

Guest JCreager

Guest JCreager

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm all setup with Authorize.net and have fixed the commented out CVC2 portion (according to http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....howtopic=27657). It's now requesting the CVC number, but it's approving everything as long as the CC number is valid. Changing the expiration date and CVC to random number still results in the transaction being approved.

It looks like it's never even being sent nor checked since the output is:

Card Code Response: 	NO VALUE RETURNED

What gives?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Guest tcd-ri

I am also having this same issue... where I have enabled the cvc code but it appears as if you can submit it blank and still get an approval from authorize.net. Is there something that needs to be enabled on the Authorize.net side? Or is this an issue directly related to the cc authorize.net gateway?

Please... any response, thoughts or comments would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Thank You

Guest tcd-ri

HELLO? I have posted several times to this forum and have NEVER had a response back from anyone. When I am searching for answers to current issues I constantly find posts just like the one above where others have experienced the same issue and NO body has responded, usually these posts are several months old.

It seems as if multiple people are viewing the post (and that seems to increase daily) yet no response.... are these people with the same issue looking for help? are they just casual forum readers? Are they moderators?

Just to be clear about the "specific" help that I am asking about above... this question would be directed to ANYONE that has ever used Authorize.net including the 3-digit security code, if you have used it and did not experience this problem than that information would be VERY helpful as I would then know that it is possible to fix or maybe it is just a configuration on the Authorize.net account that needs to be set.

Again.... ANY help, thoughts, responses might help!

I'm going to guess that you have disabled the test mode as set in the actual Authorize.Net subscriber's control panel (not CC gateway config panel). It just reminds me when I was checking out things when I was trying to marry CC with a subscription to Authorize.Net. In Authorize.Net's test mode, almost everything was getting approved. Here's the e-mail that the subscriber gets from Authorize.Net while in test mode:

Subject: Merchant Email Receipt

Date: Thu, May 31, 2007 4:45 pm

To: <snipped>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

************* TEST MODE *************

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail [email protected] if you

have any questions.

<snipped>

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice :

Description : 070531-134431-6765

Amount : 50.00 (USD)

Payment Method : Visa

Type : Authorization and Capture

============== RESULTS ==============

Response : This transaction has been approved.

Authorization Code : 000000

Transaction ID : 0

Address Verification : AVS Not Applicable

==== CUSTOMER BILLING INFORMATION ===

<snipped>

I was using a credit card number that was obviously bad (4 followed by 15 "1"'s with an expiry in 2001). It was still "Approved".

So, what notices are you getting from Authorize.Net?

• 1 year later...