Setting Up Paypal Virtual Terminal ?

Guest RCautoworks

Guest RCautoworks

I finally went ahead and got virtual terminal with paypal, how can I set this up so people can now use a credit card on our site, instead of signing up with paypal ? Can I do this ? I was under the assumption I could.

A virtual terminal is a way for you to take payments over the phone. This PayPal product doesn't allow your customers to pay you through your website.

I'd have a look at Website Payments Standard and Website Payments Pro as they are already enabled in CubeCart. With Website Payments Pro, you will need your own SSL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Afishcalledwanda

A virtual terminal is a way for you to take payments over the phone. This PayPal product doesn't allow your customers to pay you through your website.

I'd have a look at Website Payments Standard and Website Payments Pro as they are already enabled in CubeCart. With Website Payments Pro, you will need your own SSL.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how and where Website Payments Standard is on the setup area in the admin panel.

I can see the Websites Payments Pro for US and UK but not the standard.

The description on the main page has nothing for Standard either.

I just installed the trail version of this. I just spent a full week of 16 hour days to no avail trying to set up a ZenCart only to find out if that if it ever upgrades I will lose everything I tweaked to make it look like my site. I don't know how to write php and don't want to start now.

This CubeCart has made a sale but I really need to get the website paypments standard up and not the pro. I've only got 3 items in my store at the moment and cannot afford $30 a month for pro since I haven't launched and made a sale yet!

I don't want to get involved with a bunch of different methods to get paid. Any suggestions?

Is it possible to set up standards? Is there an outside module to grab?

Any ideas folks?

Guest Afishcalledwanda

I cannot for the life of me figure out how and where Website Payments Standard is on the setup area in the admin panel.

Admin - modules - payment methods - PayPal

Yes I know. I can only see the selection for PayPal's Website Payments PRO US and UK

There is no set up for PayPal Website Payments STANDARD.

It doesn't matter anyway, you cannot use this method for accepting payment on gift certificates, which by the way are impossible to figure out.

I got the whole thing skinned custom in one day, just a couple more css things to tweak but I cannot get the gift certificates set up so people have a code when they pay for it.

You cannot have the Alternate Payment Gateway for PayPal set up and pay for Gift Certificates. You can have the regular PayPal gateway set up and have it accept payment.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tetra4

You can also use the virtual terminal to process cards manually using the card capture module to collect the card data.

Card capture module? Where is that?

• 1 month later...

Optimize the customer experience by letting shoppers complete the checkout process without leaving your website. You will need a ssl for that.