Header Graphic Issue - (i Have Read The Faq's)

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting my header graphic to display and I have absolutely what is happening.

I have another CubeCart script running on another domain with no problems.

You can see the issue with the logo if you visit:

http://www.ebooks888wholesale.com/

The file is a very simple gif created by Windows Paint which is meant to say Ebooks888Wholesale.

Many thanks in advance,

Ade

I am having some trouble getting my header graphic to display and I have absolutely what is happening.
If you go look at the original graphic that you uploaded, I'm guessing it was somewhere near or even below 100 pixels wide.

Compare that with the properties of the graphic as it is displayed in your site, 466px wide. That's because the space defined in the code is that wide.

So what's happening is, your original graphic is spreading out to the width that the code says it should be.

The fix is to find the place in the code where the size of the graphic is configured and change it to the original graphic's dimenesions. I don't have time or energy at this hour to look that up. But I think it's in the skin file "layout.tpl."

The alternative, is to upload a graphic that is already 446 pixels wide.

BTW -

As was thinking of an example to make the above point, current memory of my high school physics class 60 years ago says that a similar phenomenon is Pascals Law. But checking with Wikipedia says I'm wrong. Maybe someone can tell me, whose "law" says something like "a gas fills the space available?"

Thanks JerseyJoe,

I'll go over your advice now and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

I think the law may be Boyle's Law but like yourself it's many decades since I did high school physics!

Ade

JerseyJoe,

The problem may lie outside of CubeCart so sorry for bothering you.

I have uninstalled CC and tried to just view some images on a web page as a test and they are not displaying properly.

I shall contact my host to see if they can help,

Thanks again,

Ade

OK, so it's red face time... :lol::D

What made me think to check the ftp program I'll never know but it turns out I was uploading the graphics in text instead of binary mode.

Just thought I would fess up as it may help someone else in the future!

Sorry to waste your time.

Ade