Tutorials? Gone? Password, No Longer Valid?

jerseyjoe

I was embarrassed in the midst of a presentation yesterday to discover two significant CC web site changes that have not gotten adequate pro-active notice. In each case, an email to registered members would have avoided the problem.

I was touting the value of buying a license as a means of getting startup tech support - but when the prospect asked to see what that looked like, my own account login was rejected. It would been helpful, as having registered a number of CCs, to have known, before I went there, that my password has changed. I appeared to be inept - which I was. Poking around in announcements to discover why I could not log into my own account is not something a professional can do in front of a prospective client and retain credibility.

Then I decide to show the tutorials as tools that would make it unnecessary for me to provide hands on support for basic tasks - but they are gone - and I still haven't found an explanation for that.

Aside from my own embarrassment, those two incidents also did not reflect well on CC. As one of the business owners asked, "Does that happen often? I mean, does that company usually change things like that without telling their own developers before they do it?"

Sorry to sound so sour. Y'all know I love CC and this is a complaint of a dedicated supporter who expects CC to live up to its deserved reputation as the best choice in its field. I got the order anyway. But more care needs to be taken in keeping us informed.

Guest EverythingWeb

Tutorials are still online & available:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/tutorials/

Although, with the upgrade of the Support Centre software, it appears that the link has not been re-placed onto the front page of the support centre. I imagine this was a simple oversight, due to the sheer amount of work the guys went through getting the website all upgraded in one hit (which it needed to be, as everything was inter-dependant, but has now been split apart for better future-management).

Thanks. That is genuinely a relief. They are a very useful tool in support my CC clients.

I recognize the amount of work that is going into CC - which is, in itself, yet one more of the many reasons it is my first (and only) recommendation to prospective cart owners. II also trust that my whinge will be seen as constructive critique.

• 4 months later...
Guest circler

Although, with the upgrade of the Support Centre software, it appears that the link has not been re-placed onto the front page of the support centre. I imagine this was a simple oversight, due to the sheer amount of work the guys went through getting the website all upgraded in one hit (which it needed to be, as everything was inter-dependant, but has now been split apart for better future-management).

The tutorials link seems to be gone now?

Guest EverythingWeb

It appears the recent site upgrade has rendered them offline. I'll ensure a note reaches the powers that be, that they need reinstating ;)

• 1 month later...