Who felt the earthquake last night?

Guest Brivtech

Yes I did, It sounded like a train was coming through the bedroom, everything was shaking, bottle started clashing together it seemed like forever.

So I just farted and went back to sleep.

Regards john

Yeah,

Worst one ive ever felt,

Seemed to go on for a while + I first thought my roof was falling in after the winds.

Only when we went outside and noticed everyone else stood in the street at 1am that we realised it was a quake !!!!

Scary ;)

ps. for reference im in York, N.Yorks what bout you guys ? what area did it affect ?

Guest Brivtech

Did I feel it? Did I?

I live about 10miles from the friggin epicentre. I was not amused at 1am this morning!

BLIMEY! I can only imagine what that could have been like! ;)

Guest EverythingWeb

I wondered at first whether I had over-slept considerably and the Red Arrows (who are based about 2miles from me) were out on an early practice session and had decided to use my back lawn as a landing strip, but no.

However, it did make me decide that the cats are useless - didn't give me any warning whatsoever and just looked at me prowling around the house wondering what was going on and they then went back to sleep! Useless!

Turned on the local radio station which was going mad with people phoning in. The presenter sounded quite shocked, but listening to some of the locals reporting in... how amusing.

Once woman said "there was a big bang, crash and flash.....then it started rumbling" - I mean come on, how many earthquakes do you know of that start with a fireworks display!! Grrr.