Cubecart Admin Page

Guest Neil-S

Guest Neil-S

Hello all. I am new to Cubecart but not new to computers and websites etc...This may be a question that sounds incredibly stupid, but that is how I am feeling at the moment. Where do I log in to my CubeCart admin page????? I have searched all the topics in the forum and everyone keeps saying just log in to your admin side of the store, but no one has said where that function is? Am I missing something? I can't see a store side or a admin side anywhere....I am hoping that something is wrong because if I can't see it and it is there, then I have some serious issues. Maybe I have been sitting here for too long....Help....Thanks...

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hello all. I am new to Cubecart but not new to computers and websites etc...This may be a question that sounds incredibly stupid, but that is how I am feeling at the moment. Where do I log in to my CubeCart admin page????? I have searched all the topics in the forum and everyone keeps saying just log in to your admin side of the store, but no one has said where that function is? Am I missing something? I can't see a store side or a admin side anywhere....I am hoping that something is wrong because if I can't see it and it is there, then I have some serious issues. Maybe I have been sitting here for too long....Help....Thanks...

Hi there Neil-S

Like alot of things - it's easy when you know how!

You'll kick yourself....

www.YOURURL.com/admin

Good luck in your new venture - whatever it may be!

Kind regards

Jim

Guest Brivtech

Just in case you are using version 4, and posted this in the wrong area, the location for admin would be www.YOURURL.com/admin.php

Almost the same, but different!

Like alot of things - it's easy when you know how!

True words spoken! (er, typed!)

Guest Neil-S

Hi and thanks for the quick responses. I have tried putting /admin after the URL and I get the error page from the net saying this page cannot be displayed. I am using a .ca domain, could this affect it? I've tried .ca and .com neither work. The store is there and I can access stuff through mySQL but I can't access the admin section.....Any ideas.? Cheers....Oh it is version 3 by the way. Thanks...

Guest boudoirbazaar

Hi and thanks for the quick responses. I have tried putting /admin after the URL and I get the error page from the net saying this page cannot be displayed. I am using a .ca domain, could this affect it? I've tried .ca and .com neither work. The store is there and I can access stuff through mySQL but I can't access the admin section.....Any ideas.? Cheers....Oh it is version 3 by the way. Thanks...

Hi Neil

Have you tried reinstalling?? I am unsure if you are using Fantastico - not having used it (did mine the old fashioned way) but sometimes this is the best option (ie reinstalling) - other than that I would contact my host company and ask them and also check which folder in my ftp site where the site is stored ..... cause it will depend on where you have loaded your files - I ended up getting one of the developers on the forum (www.cubecartforum.org) to resite mine back to the dot com for me (not really something I know so much about) which made it simpler for me.

I did do a search on www.rickyemm.ca also www.rickyemm.ca/store and www.rickyemm.ca/index and could not find your page. Let me know and I will see if I can help

Cheers

Nicola

Guest Neil-S

Hi All. Well I did a complete reinstall and voila, there was my admin section!! So, one down, and one to go...Now I can't find the Rich Text Editor anywhere..... Slowly, very Slowly....

The built-in editor is displayed in those sections that require it: General Settings (way at the bottom), Add/View Products, Homepage and Site Docs (once you click Edit for a document).

The editor is somewhat javascript heavy, so if you have any pop-up blockers, script killers, etc, that might interfere with javascript, see what you can do about allowing your store's URL to bypass these types of things.

Guest boudoirbazaar

Well done Neil B) - one of the major positives in cubecart is the ease of adding items and categories and I am sure you will get it rolling faster than you think. BTW what is your url?