Help Installing Version 4

Guest Matanya

Guest Matanya

I bought the whole paid package of Cubecart 4 on the recommendation of a user. I needed a new shopping cart in a hurry, since the one I was using (Websitepros) was not functioning properly and I could not get them to fix it. Problem is I am a music publisher, not a programmer, and while I am quite proficient in HTML, all this PHP stuff goes way over my head.

Cubecart installed the software for me (for a fee of course). I managed to populate the data base with 175 products, and upload 175 images for them. (Pictures of the front covers of my editions). I set up all the categories I need, and even uploaded a logo to the Classic skin.

But now that I am trying to test the system, I run into programming issues I am not capable of dealing with. Is there any entity, within Cubecart itself or within this community who can finish this installation for me and make it work?

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Guest hennaboy

There is many of us that would be willing to help or point you in the right direction.

Why not post your url and a description of the error and you may find that it could be a very quick simple fix!

Guest Matanya

There is many of us that would be willing to help or point you in the right direction.

Why not post your url and a description of the error and you may find that it could be a very quick simple fix!

Since I posted this, I resolved some of the problems, but still have issues. The URL for my store is:

http://www.editionsorphee.com/store

Issue 1:

Cyrillic type for the language interface does not show up correctly. Instead of Russian characters, I get a series of ?????. Cubecart tech support tried everything they can and finally told me they have no idea why this is happening, and the problem is with my hosting. So I am now, for the last 48 hours, trying to get from _them_ some answer, and so far nothing. All other languages show up correctly, and also all the Russian translations I put in for the categories. This is important for me, as I do quite a bit of business in Russia.

Issue 2.

I got all the correct settings, according to their instructions, for my SSL (a dedicated certificate), etc, but now I am unable to test the system. Every time I try to access the Store Home, I get an error message from the browser that "Firefox can't find the server at secure.editionsorphee.com."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.