Low load speeds when loading a product page

I have upgraded to 4.2.0 and the store is fast when I load a categorie pages and add a product to the basket from the categorie pag,

but my site has low load speeds when I load a product page or adding a product to the basket from the product page. I have 2000 orders

in my admin and it worked great with cube3. Someone?

Thanks

Guest hennaboy

This has been mentioned quite a few times with stores that have large databases. I think it is in the bug tracker but contact support just in case and see what they say

This has been mentioned quite a few times with stores that have large databases. I think it is in the bug tracker but contact support just in case and see what they say

Thanks hennaboy, I have read the bug tracker and could not find any topic with slow loading speed (loading product view)

I will contact support and ask, thanks again

Guest dazza100

HI

This is the customers who also bought script I had to disable this in my store as product pages would not load. Hopefully there will be a fix soon as I think it’s a great feature.

Daz

Guest estelle

This is caused by the 'Customers who bought this also bought' feature. Unfortunately there is no setting to allow you to disable this functionality, so I have written up instructions explaining how to do this - I haven't added it to cubecartforums.org as of yet so PM me if you would like more info.

This is caused by the 'Customers who bought this also bought' feature. Unfortunately there is no setting to allow you to disable this functionality, so I have written up instructions explaining how to do this - I haven't added it to cubecartforums.org as of yet so PM me if you would like more info.

Thanks all, I have disable the feature

This is the pre-defined response I wrote for use in the Support Ticket system. I don't know if it's the same as what Estelle did, but it's quick and it works. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slow responses you observe when trying to view products can be a problem for stores with a large number of existing orders -- especially if most orders contain several items each. This is caused by the way the "Customers who bought this also bought" section of the ViewProduct pages is generated. The development team is aware of this issue and is working on an update which will alleviate the problem.

For the time being, the best suggestion is to disable that section. It is a very easy thing to do requiring the addition of one character into one line of one file.

In /includes/content/viewProd.inc.php, find around line 484:

if (version_compare('4.1', $db->serverVersion(), '<=')) {

To disable, simply change the '4.1' to '44.1'. That will effectively disable the entire section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

:dizzy:

• 2 years later...
Guest ShakaDaMan

I know this response is a couple years old, however I was having the same problem on CubeCart v4. Estelle is correct that the issue is in the SQL Query that is called to return the data for the 'Customers who bought this also bought' functionality. Her solution is effective in disabling that functionality all together, however I prefer the scalpel instead of the broadsword.

The problem lies in the sql query

Try running this query in a query window (Replace ANY_PRODUCT_ID with an actual productID from your database, just make sure you use the same id in both places)

SELECT DISTINCT O.productId, I.name, I.image, I.price, I.sale_price

FROM CubeCart_order_inv AS O, CubeCart_inventory AS I

WHERE I.productId = O.productId

AND O.cart_order_id

IN

(SELECT DISTINCT cart_order_id

FROM CubeCart_order_inv

WHERE productId = ANY_PRODUCT_ID)

AND O.productId <> ANY_PRODUCT_ID

LIMIT 3;

On my box this took over 3 minutes to run. If you add EXPLAIN in front of the query you'll find that there are no indexes being used on the joins to the CubeCart_order_inv table. Now add an index on the CubeCart_order_inv table on the productId column. Now run the same query above. After adding this index, it ran sub second.

Adding one index should not make much difference to updating and inserting performance on this table, especially since there is already a primary key index on the id column.

Adding one index should not make much difference to updating and inserting performance on this table, especially since there is already a primary key index on the id column.

Thanks for the explanation- I'm not sure how the latter versions of CC4 address this (I know it was fixed?)

Jason