CC4.2.x on WampServer

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

When I got Windows Vista, Wamp wouldn’t work, in fact, JSAS was one of the few solutions that did. However, times move on, and JSAS is now out of date with its PHP, and it’s just too fiddly to upgrade the bits and pieces - Very little support for it. So, back to WampServer, and it’s easy to set up, and works a treat. Nice and easy to configure and upgrade as well, and of course, it works on Vista, and CC4.2.x, because of that updated php version.

NOTE: WampServer will not run with Skype, as there is a port conflict. Close Skype before starting WampServer!

Installing WampServer 2.0b onto your PC… (I’ll make updates for a flash card when I find my card reader!)

Download

- Go to: http://www.wampserver.com/en/

- Click on under Latest Release to download the software (Latest release at time of writing is 2.0. :D .

- The server I was downloading from was very slow. Be patient, go cook supper, or take your work colleagues out to lunch at a nice local restaurant.

Install

- Open the downloaded file - It’s an EXE, so there’s no need for any decompression.

- I get a Setup window opening with a WAMP5 1.x message. If you have already installed WAMP5 1.x, follow the message, otherwise, click YES to continue install.

- Setup 2 - NEXT >

- Accept Agreement - NEXT >

- Choose the setup location. If you want to install onto your hard drive, use the default (c:\wamp). If you want to install onto a flash memory card (thumb drive?), change the drive letter to that of the card. NEXT >

- I de-selected Quick Launch (I don’t want it auto-loading when I turn on my computer), and I selected Create a Desktop, so I can clutter the desktop with another icon. - NEXT >

- Summary - INSTALL (Or go back to alter anything you’re not happy with)

- Follow through on any warnings (If you had JSAS and chose the default location, you’ll get override messages). I also got default a browser message.

- PHP mail parameters - Left the defaults in - Can be changed later. NEXT >

- Completed Setup - FINISH - Wait for it, you’re not finished yet, there’s more to do….

Install Ioncube

- For some reason, Zend won’t work straight off, but that’s not a problem, we can use ioncube. If anyone finds a way of using Zend, please post an update.

- Go to: http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

- Download the Windows (x86) zip file.

- Extract the file - It contains a folder called ioncube and various files inside with .so extensions.

- Copy that ioncube to the WampServer’s www folder (This is the root of your store)Don’t think you’ll get away with it that easy - We need to tell the system that it has got ioncube loaders loaded, and where to find them….

- In the C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.8/bin/php.ini file, add this bit of code at the top (Assuming your installation is in the same place):

[ioncube]

extension_dir = .\

zend_extension_ts = C:\wamp\www\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll

NOTE: Changes made to php.ini require the wampserver to be restarted before they are seen.

Install CubeCart!!!

Time to copy across the CubeCart system files. Copy the decompressed files and folders into c:\wamp\www\

Start the WampServer server: START > Programs > WampServer > start WampServer

Note, not much happens when you start it, apart from a little icon appearing in the system tray. Click the icon, and select Localhost - it opens your offline server’s homepage.

Database Hostname: localhost

Database Name: cubecart_database

Database Username: root

Password - Leave blank

Fill out the rest as normal, continue following the setup instructions according to CubeCart.

Let me know if you experience any problems, I haven't finished testing this yet.

:)

Guest hennaboy

So couldnt get this working using wamp....used xamp and worked fine....not sure what the difference is as the apache, php and mysql versions are the same....perhaps its my *cough* vista installation!!

Guest Brivtech

There's no reason why not, You would have to make some changes to the config file, just as you would when moving from one server to another. It would probably be handy keeping the database names the same for convenience when you backup the SQL for transfer.

Be aware that there are a few things that may not work properly on a local wampServer, but these aren't too important:

SEO - The .htaccess plays havoc until you delete it

SSL - Not included.

On the SEO, I'm sure that a play around in the configuration is all that's needed, but I personally haven't had time to look into this deeper.

With the SSL, I know that this is possible, although how at this moment defeats me.

Guest waterman1

There's no reason why not, You would have to make some changes to the config file, just as you would when moving from one server to another. It would probably be handy keeping the database names the same for convenience when you backup the SQL for transfer.

Be aware that there are a few things that may not work properly on a local wampServer, but these aren't too important:

SEO - The .htaccess plays havoc until you delete it

SSL - Not included.

On the SEO, I'm sure that a play around in the configuration is all that's needed, but I personally haven't had time to look into this deeper.

With the SSL, I know that this is possible, although how at this moment defeats me.

alright well im not finding php.ini.... i don't understand why?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gavjof

Probably a silly question but I'm guessing you need to already have a CC4 License to install it using Wamp?

Software License Error #5

Your license key has expired.

Guest Brivtech

That's correct. Same applies for copyright removal. It shows as "http://localhost" in the CubeCart customer control panel as the website address.

Guest Brivtech

Did you leave all passwords blank?

If that doesn't work, type in a space, but when I set it up, I left passwords blank.

EDIT:

We resolved it - The wampserver needs to be restarted before changes to php.ini are seen. I'll update that in the original post.

• 11 months later...

Super, was hoping to find a post like this, since I've never gotten v4 to work with my wamp5. Have now installed the new wampserver 2 and will try again!

An aside - I had probs with running skype and wamp5 together and resolved it by poking around in skype till I found where to change the port setting. wampserver 2 started straightaway with skype running. I don't remember where I found the setting, but you can find a place in skype settings to change the port.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest dtmswebmaster

- For some reason, Zend won’t work straight off, but that’s not a problem, we can use ioncube. If anyone finds a way of using Zend, please post an update.

I noticed every time that I installed Zend Optimizer it would edit the php.ini (for Window XP users, this is normally located in C:\Windows\) like this:

[Zend]

;apache2triad zend optimizer config

zend_extension_ts="D:\Zend\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0

zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="D:\Zend\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0"

If this is also the problem for you, edit it to show like this:

[Zend]

;apache2triad zend optimizer config

zend_extension_ts="D:\Zend\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"

zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 1

zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15

zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="D:\Zend\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0"

Save file then restart your webserver. Hope this helps someone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mwalls67

I'm sure this is a really simple fix but its been killing me for the past 3 days. I have it installed but I cannot view the actual site because of this error

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in G:\hotdeals4less\www\ini.inc.php on line 114

Thanks in advanced for any help with this

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest lovejungle

Hey guys

I'm trying to install a local host on my Mac so I can play around with the my store design offline.

www.lovejungle.com/store

After much googling, I've just about got it working apart from this error which comes up when I try to access this page(or any page):

http://localhost:8888/store/admin.php

- - - - - - - - -

Site error: the file /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/store/admin_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_dar_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

- - - - - - - - -

Now, I've googled what that means, and I found this post

http://www.vbseo.com/f77/ioncube-php5-1-greater-12934/

"If your server Has a newer php version than 5.0, you need to get the proper file from the ioncube website and load it into the php.ini."

Now my local host is running version: 5.1.37

However, Cpanel on https://login.cunina.lunarservers.com:2083/...d/lp/index.html

Is only running 4.4.9

QUESTION : :

If I go ahead and install this ioncube for PHP 5+ on my localhost will it ruin the files once they're loaded back onto the live Cunina server ??

(there is an option to "add php 5 to my account" in the cpanel on Cunina)

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

• 1 month later...
Guest dtmswebmaster

QUESTION : :

If I go ahead and install this ioncube for PHP 5+ on my localhost will it ruin the files once they're loaded back onto the live Cunina server ??

(there is an option to "add php 5 to my account" in the cpanel on Cunina)

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

No. It's only needed as a security measure to decrypt the license check file, so that people can't override the licensing system.

• 2 months later...

Hi

First of all thank-you for such a detailed tut.

Now this is my last attempt at trying to install cc4 locally in the past i've used ravenswood as a server and it was quick and easy... but can't do it for cc4 because it has an older php version.

Anyways, followed the instructions to the tea,,,, strangely enough i've installed previously xampp, easyPHP etc. and i get always stuck here..... with this notice after i've installed cc4.

:) Ok > edited to say that i changed the [ioncube] extension_dir = .\ zend_extension_ts = C:\wamp\www\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll and stopped all services, rebooted win7 went to http://localhost/ and got *nada* > nothing? no message no nothing? just a blank page ie. http://localhost/ oh and here is the globals

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.

Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Note: Zend Technologies cannot resolve issues related to this message appearing on websites not belonging to Zend Technologies.

What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been available without charge, since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by scanning PHP's intermediate code and passing it through multiple Optimization Passes to replace inefficient code patterns with more efficient code blocks. The replaced code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.

In addition to improving performance, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Guard.

The Zend Optimizer is a free product available for download from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies also developed the PHP scripting engine, known as the Zend Engine.

I have no clue what i am doing wrong!!!!!

By the way on the last step of installing cubecart, you need to add a password as it won't let me pass to completion ;-)

Even though i restarted all services prior, what i did though is i used a space in p/word ;-)

Any any help would be much much appreciated as i'm totally exhausted of trying to get this to work.

Thanks

andrea 
<?php

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'cubecart_database';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'root';

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['license_key'] = 'xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://localhost';

?>

• 4 months later...
Guest glassman

Using Ioncube.

Still getting Zend not installed message. Have restarted the server 18 times.

Have this at the top of php.ini (i've also used 5.2.dll as well to no avail)

[ioncube]

extension_dir = .\

zend_extension_ts = C:\wamp\www\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; About php.ini ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; PHP's initialization file, generally called php.ini, is responsible for

; configuring many of the aspects of PHP's behavior.

; PHP attempts to find and load this configuration from a number of locations.

; The following is a summary of its search order: