MySQL - 1030: Got error 12 from table handler

Guest Javvad

Guest Javvad

Hi!

I have a webpage in which I am setting up a CubeCart webshop.

http://www.dekkjop.no/shop

I often do get this error message;

1030: Got error 12 from table handler

What it is? And how do I fix it?

I read on the internet that I should "repair" the SQL-tables, and I did so, but it made no difference.

Thanks for all your help!

Guest Javvad

I can't seem to reproduce this.

It doesn't come always, just now and then. And it's irritating, especially for the customers when they come.

I'll paste the whole error message when I get it again, but it's different every time, except for the "1030: Got error 12 from table handler" message.

Guest Javvad

MySQL Error Occured

QUERY = SELECT name, image, productId FROM shop_CubeCart_inventory ORDER BY RAND(31) LIMIT 1

MySQL Error Occured

QUERY = SELECT name, image, productId FROM shop_CubeCart_inventory ORDER BY RAND(4164) LIMIT 1

There were reports that MySQL 4.1.7 (year 2005) had a memory leak. It would eventually make the operating system report this error because of the inability to allocate more physical RAM (as I understand it). The latest release of the MySQL 4.1 branch is 4.1.22. Which version do you have? (In the first admin page, you should see it at the top.)

Well, based on what we know so far, this is the best educated guestimate as to what might be wrong. True, there may be as yet unknown aspects of your situation that is the cause.

Unknown aspects may be anything from having mods you haven't mentioned, to your part of the world getting hit hard by inordinate amounts of sunspot activity. But for now, work on having your hosting provider upgrade to the latest version of the MySQL 4.1 branch.