Foreign Languages

RonHitch

Hi.. In v.4.0, how does one change the front page in all the different languages. They now open to the default greeting. And I'm not sure I'm qualified to rewrite our copy for the different languages, though perhaps babblefish.com would translate adequately? Opinion - anyone? ;)http://forums.cubecart.com/style_emoticons...ault/stuart.gif

Guest Brivtech

As someone who already speaks 3 languages and is learning a fourth, I do not recomend Babelfish! Although it is a great tool for making a general translation, it can take things out of context very easily, and has a long way to go before it comes close to a human translation.

May I ask why you need to have so many languages? Are you going to translate everything else on your site, or just the homepage - I'd consider it a waste of time if this was the case.

To change the language on the homepage, simply change the "Language" selector in the administration control panel in your homepage editing screen - The page should refresh with that language version,and click Update homepage when done.