CC 3.0.17 on PHP 5.2?

vokf

Hi all,

I've been asked by a friend that is hosting a few CC sites if it will work on PHP 5.2. (this is a cPanel server)

The server is currently on PHP 4.4.7 and working fine, but for some reason, he has a client that is insisting on PHP5. (for a form>email script of all things!!)

I guess that now the GoPHP initiative is in full force, some people have moved to PHP5 and have a few CC3 stores running, so I'm hoping for some comments.

He had full root access (server admin mainly through a separate company, as he is mainly a Windows host), so I guess it would be possible to keep PHP4 installed, and select via .htaccess ?

Thanks for any comments,

Jason

Guest EverythingWeb

3.0.17 works fine on PHP5 :yeahhh:

GoPHP5 will only affect the 4.2.X and above versions. Any security updates to Version 3 will remain compliant with PHP4/PHP5.

Thanks,

3.0.17 works fine on PHP5 :)

GoPHP5 will only affect the 4.2.X and above versions. Any security updates to Version 3 will remain compliant with PHP4/PHP5.

Thanks,

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

Just what I needed to hear - (I shouldn't need to get involved with anything when he upgrades... :yeahhh: )

Thanks,

Jason