Paypal IPN url in v4

Guest pgoodsell

Guest pgoodsell

Ok I have cubecart 4 installed, i set up the paypal mod, but my paypal account is asking for a IPN url. I dont see this anywhere in the cubecart setup. What do i put in this?? Is it the same as cubecart v3? Or do I leave it blank? Please help.

Sorry wrong forum, can you move it to payment models forum?

Ok I have cubecart 4 installed, i set up the paypal mod, but my paypal account is asking for a IPN url. I dont see this anywhere in the cubecart setup. What do i put in this?? Is it the same as cubecart v3? Or do I leave it blank? Please help.

Sorry wrong forum, can you move it to payment models forum?

No this is not as the same as CubeCart 3. This is a small misunderstanding by 4.2 release. The code to show PayPal IPN and Return URL is commented out because into checkout form added but forgot PayPal does not set IPN feature without a URL.

Please see html source code on PayPal CC4 admin setting page for the exact URL as this is generally like:

http://your.store.tld/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

CubeCart since v4.2 sends exact IPN URL to PayPal however PayPal does not allow you to enable it without a valid URL. Valid means formal it does not check the URL already exist but must have the URL format and valid top level domain.

PayPal IPN feature since CubeCart 4.2 does override the IPN URL in PayPal defined.

It is suggested to post a real URL to a real PayPal IPN file as I have mentioned to prevent confusion but you can enter something like this:

http://mystore.com

Hope this is clear.