Which Forum is which?

Guest donniedj

Guest EverythingWeb

forums.cubecart.com (This forum you're posting on) is the official CubeCart forum for peer-to-peer support of the core software, and for interaction with the developers.

cubecartforums.org is for third party modifications, such as custom mods, skins, modules etc.

Thanks.

Guest donniedj

forums.cubecart.com (This forum you're posting on) is the official CubeCart forum for peer-to-peer support of the core software, and for interaction with the developers.

cubecartforums.org is for third party modifications, such as custom mods, skins, modules etc.

Good and thanks. Official means nothing to me especially when .org is the very contradicting unofficial site. But the differentiation between developers and mods is what I truly understand now.

So this would be the place to have my fixes of bugs be re-incorporated into the OFFICIAL distributions so that the much hair pulling out may be reduced for all those new site builders putting faith in what was thought to be tried and proven software.

burgensteen:

Remove your useless post.

burgensteen:

Can I ask..why my post was useless.

The people in this community are not mind readers, if you are asking which to access you should give as much info as possible.

I suppose I could have answered your question as.... You should access cubecartforums.org. Would my answer have been wrong given the question you asked ???

Maybe some other cubecarters can answer whether my post was useless or maybe your post was not discriptive enough.

God....I hate rude people.

NOTE TO SELF: Be more selective when using my own unpaid time to help the cubecart community.

Guest Brivtech

Good and thanks. Official means nothing to me especially when .org is the very contradicting unofficial site. But the differentiation between developers and mods is what I truly understand now.

Glad you figured it out. I can see at a glance that it can appear confusing. We do mention about cubecartforums.org on a very regular basis on here, especially when people post things to do with third party services, and we redirect them accordingly. At one time, they were merged, and believe it or not, it caused loads of problems, and confusion, which it why it was separated out.

So this would be the place to have my fixes of bugs be re-incorporated into the OFFICIAL distributions so that the much hair pulling out may be reduced for all those new site builders putting faith in what was thought to be tried and proven software.

Yes indeed, please use the bug tracker link and post bug reports / fixes in there. It's yet another area to confuse people, but there's reasons for everything, and the bug tracker helps the development team keep track of bugs, and subsequently development, and feature updates.

burgensteen:

Please leave the moderating to the moderators. :wacko:

Topic moved from V3 shipping to General discussion, as it does not appear to be specifically a V3 shipping question.

Guest groovejuice

Pretty much why I had to stop participating in this generally valuable forum. A plethora of sh**h*a*s unable to recognize the value of volunteer expertise...

Guest Brivtech

I get it aswell, but I try to be tolerant, especially with new members, unless, they are deliberately being obtuse, in which case, I will not hesitate in banning them.

I cast my mind back to times when I was seeking help on the forums and felt the frustration getting the better of me over something that everyone else appeared to consider as unimportant. Saying that, I was never rude about it, and I do believe that people should excercise better etiquette, and be a bit cautious about how they say things, or how they interpret things that have been said.

Unfortunately, there does seem to be a general misconception among new forum users that we're all paid (and therefore obligated) to provide unlimited help and support, which (for the record) we are not. I sure you guys occasionally get the same nonsense happening over at cubecartforums as well.

Guest degsey69

I agree, if somebody wants some information and advice about cubecart, please give full details and what information they expect back and not snap back at volunteer contribuors.

These forums are a great help to CubeCart and if we did not contribute with our help then the shopping cart will be more expensive because of the cost of employing customer support workers.

Degsey