Just installed CC but with errors

Guest jkandili

Guest jkandili

Hi, i am new to cubecart but read it was the pretty much the best way for novices to proceed in regards to online stores. I contacted my current domain supplier (streamline.net) and said the power user package was what i needed. I have since obtained power user and setup cube cart 3.0.17 on my server. The shop loads ok but when i log into the admin side of the shop i immediatley get the following:

Warning: main(/shop/classes/db.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php on line 59

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/shop/classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php on line 59

Warning: main(/shop/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\header.inc.php on line 56

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/shop/admin/includes/navigation.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\header.inc.php on line 56

Warning: main(/shop/classes/db.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php on line 59

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/shop/classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in e:\domains\s\sahara-ci.co.uk\user\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php on line 59

being a novice i dont know how to resolve this. Do i need to reinstall cube cart again to correct this? Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ok, it seems you have a Windows hosting account. There are a few things different that you must do with regards to the /includes/global.inc.php file:

$glob['rootDir'] = 'e:\\\\domains\\\\s\\\\sahara-ci.co.uk\\\\user\\\\htdocs\\\\shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.sahara-ci.co.uk/shop';

Take note that for Windows systems, the path from Root (a drive letter) to your store involves backslashes. For each backslash, you need four backslashes (that's just how it works).

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, it seems you have a Windows hosting account. There are a few things different that you must do with regards to the /includes/global.inc.php file:

$glob['rootDir'] = 'e:\\\\domains\\\\s\\\\sahara-ci.co.uk\\\\user\\\\htdocs\\\\shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.sahara-ci.co.uk/shop';

Take note that for Windows systems, the path from Root (a drive letter) to your store involves backslashes. For each backslash, you need four backslashes (that's just how it works).

Maybe something to consider for the install procedure ???

A choice of server type on the install info step ??

Just a thought :)