Unstable Cart -SSL

Guest RenateH

Guest RenateH

I think I have connected the total instability of my new v4 installation to something to do with SSL. The cart contents and login dump every time I go from a secure page to a non-secure page. Anyone have any idea what to do about that, because at this point, essentially nothing on the site outside of admin is working because of this. My webhosts say it's something in cubecart.

Renate

Guest RenateH

It seems to be, at least until I go to check out and I get the message: Critical Error: This page can ONLY be viewed under SSL! Which is where I was before the expense and time to transfer the site out of an add-on domain and buy an ssl.

Renate

So is everything working ok when you dissable SSL?

I would try disable SSL, do you have seo enabled? if so delete the .htaccess file from your server, clear the cache via admin. After that enable SSL and seo again and install a fresh .htaccess file either from admin or manually, and test again.

Guest hennaboy

What is your ssl settings? Do you have Force SSL enabled?

Also what ssl certificate is installed? and what ssl software and version is enabled on the server itself...ie openssl

Guest RenateH

Sorry I got called out all morning. It's Comodo. Does ModSSL sound like what you are asking? I bought the SSL from the web host and had them install. SSL is enabled, but not forced. The relative path is / and the absolute url is: https://www.gottalovebeads.com I have the store installed directly in the public_html folder.

Renate

What is your ssl settings? Do you have Force SSL enabled?

Also what ssl certificate is installed? and what ssl software and version is enabled on the server itself...ie openssl

Guest Brivtech

With the store turned offline, the only person who can actually see it is you.

All I see is:

Thank you for visiting www.gottalovebeads.com My satellite system is causing on-going difficulties and in light of my upcoming move at the end of April, I have decided to postpone the store opening until after the move. So please look for us here on May 9. I apologize for the delay, but at this point there is little point in investing in the repairs required to my system for a matter of weeks and it's not possible to upload the images needed to complete my inventory on the super-slow dial-up available here. My new location features DSL, so these issues should cease to exist. I thank you for your patience.

Renate

Guest RenateH

sounds like a good idea, so I did all that, and it's still the same. after view cart, return to shopping empties the cart contents, and the login disappears

Renate

I would try disable SSL, do you have seo enabled? if so delete the .htaccess file from your server, clear the cache via admin. After that enable SSL and seo again and install a fresh .htaccess file either from admin or manually, and test again.

Guest RenateH

I'd be happy to turn it on for you but I just switched the ssl setting to force it on all pages, and under that setting it seems to work (though I don't really want to do that on a permanent basis). I'll switch it back, and turn the store on for a while.

Thanks

Renate

With the store turned offline, the only person who can actually see it is you.

All I see is:

Thank you for visiting www.gottalovebeads.com My satellite system is causing on-going difficulties and in light of my upcoming move at the end of April, I have decided to postpone the store opening until after the move. So please look for us here on May 9. I apologize for the delay, but at this point there is little point in investing in the repairs required to my system for a matter of weeks and it's not possible to upload the images needed to complete my inventory on the super-slow dial-up available here. My new location features DSL, so these issues should cease to exist. I thank you for your patience.

Renate

Guest RenateH

I'm so sorry, the phone rang and I forgot to switch it off when I got back. man, I think I'm losing my mind.

Renate

Forced SSL is still on :)

Guest RenateH

That's strange. It doesn't work here and hostgator support gets the same result as I do.

Renate

Its working ok for me, items remain in basket when I continue shopping, trying other things.

Guest hennaboy

Seems to work for me too.

Added an item to basket. Clicked on view basket its still there. Clicked on register and then went back its still there.

Cannot seem to replicate your problem.

Guest RenateH

Are you saying, if you put an item in the basket then click on continue shopping, the item is still there? Geeze that is strange. I checked using one of my other computers and it doesn't work there either. It doesn't work with firefox (2 different versions), and one of my machines is Vista, the other is XP-SP2, and it didn't work when I tried with IE7 either. The support guys at hostgator have the same problem I do. Yet now there are two of you who aren't having a problem. This seems very significant, but I have no idea what it means. Other than it must have something to do with hostgator accounts. They haven't been able to find anything and say it must be a cube cart coding issue.

Thank you so much for trying it out.

Renate