Payflow Pro + "regular" PayPal?

Guest *AtoZ*

Guest *AtoZ*

I am moving from another shopping cart. I have used Payflow Pro for years, which of course is now owned by PayPal. Nothing about it changed from Verisign to PayPal other than the name and a little fancier management screen. It is fully integrated into the cart so users have no idea PayPal owns Payflow Pro. I am noticing in CubeCart, however, that in order to use Payflow Pro, I have to set it up under the alternate checkout? I am correct that customers now have to click "checkout with PayPal" button in order to pay? Also, I can't offer the "regular" PayPal option along with Payflow Pro??? This just doesn't make any sense to me at all, which is why I am asking the question. Surely I am not correct because this does not make any sense whatsoever. If customers want to pay with the "regular" PayPal option (where they go directly through PayPal), that is when the PayPal button should be clicked. Payflow Pro should be seamlessly integrated so customers simply choose Visa, MC, Disc, or AMEX and proceed on their merry way without having to know what's going on in the background.

Please tell me that I am mistaken. If I am not, how in the world can I integrate Payflow Pro seamlessly into the checkout and still offer a PayPal option to customers? Is that even possible?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Guest *AtoZ*

Okay, it appears to me that there is no option for Payflow Pro. There is 1) regular PayPal under payment methods and 2) PayPal Pro (website payments pro) which is NOT the same as Payflow Pro.

Am I right?

Payflow Pro is a popular gateway used by a lot of serious merchants. It used to be owned by Verisign and all that changed was the name/ownership. It still works the same. Why was it left out of version 4??

• 7 months later...

With PayPal Pro the customer does not have to click any PayPal button, they can choose to pay by credit card and enter the details directly on your site, this information is then sent to PayPal for processing, the customer is not aware it is PayPal. The whole process is done without the customer leaving your store. They also have the option to Pay using the PayPal button where they will be taken to the PayPal website to complete the payment.

Okay, it appears to me that there is no option for Payflow Pro. There is 1) regular PayPal under payment methods and 2) PayPal Pro (website payments pro) which is NOT the same as Payflow Pro.

I am showing two different versions of WPP. One must be a standard one, and the other is PayFlow edition. Does this help?