USPS Module - International Shipping issue

Guest tla0177

Guest tla0177

I've just realized that even though I only have Priority Mail enabled as my only shipping method, customers from the UK still have the option to select Global Express Intl and First Class Intl mail. I'll research the USPS site to see if I can find anything there but has anyone else noticed this?

Guest tla0177

I've just realized that even though I only have Priority Mail enabled as my only shipping method, customers from the UK still have the option to select Global Express Intl and First Class Intl mail. I'll research the USPS site to see if I can find anything there but has anyone else noticed this?

From what USPS is showing it offers a variety of services to Great Britain (see attachment)

However the code is configured to let the customer have access to all the options instead of following the parameters set from the cubecart usps configuration settings. In my case I only want to give the customer the Priority Mail® International Flat Rate Box option.

I'm sure it's probably happening with all Intl orders.

Guest tla0177

From what USPS is showing it offers a variety of services to Great Britain (see attachment)

However the code is configured to let the customer have access to all the options instead of following the parameters set from the cubecart usps configuration settings. In my case I only want to give the customer the Priority Mail® International Flat Rate Box option.

I'm sure it's probably happening with all Intl orders.

As stated by CubeCart Tech Support

--

...But the USPS has to do with the sheer idiocy of our government. They deal with domestic rates one way and international rates another. For domestic, you specify which rates you want and that's all that's returned. But for international, they provide all available rates no matter what you ask for. It's stupid, but there's not much we can do about it at this point.

Guest judymrogers

WOW NOOOOOOOOO this can't be... there has to be a solution... I just bought cube cart... and if its like this (if I can remove FLAT RATE OPTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL) I cant keep on using it...... it represents a huuuuuge loss...

Anyone?

IS There at least a way to integrate paypal with their shipping module??

Guest judymrogers

This is what i got:

Hi Judy,

I think for international it will always return all results. This s because of the way the data is returned from USPS.

I don't have a solution for it I'm afraid. It may be worth while posting a feature request at http://bugs.cubecart.com

:(

WOW any help here?

Any MOD available?

Any other shipping module option? (from the US) :unsure:

Guest tla0177

This is what i got:

Hi Judy,

I think for international it will always return all results. This s because of the way the data is returned from USPS.

I don't have a solution for it I'm afraid. It may be worth while posting a feature request at http://bugs.cubecart.com

WOW any help here?

Any MOD available?

Any other shipping module option? (from the US) :unsure:

my current 'quick fix' until further notice

http://www.fixinheads.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=16

Guest judymrogers

No, that really doesnt help me at all. :(

I need to cancel all FLAT RATE OPTIONS TO INTERNATIONAL orders... ON USPS..

Maybe even... offer USPS and UPS Local... but only UPS for international...

Dont know what to do...

Just now that Im loosing lots of money... if this cant be resolved i would need to change cart ( I guess )..

Or maybe.. is there any check out method (like Google , etc) that would include the shipping part on their side??

I dont know too much about this... no webmaster here... just a store owner trying to do their best..

Please help...

There are also a variety of mods available which add various shipping options. Since you only want to offer 1 international option, you could configure a zone to give a single rate to your international customers.

Check out www.cubecartforums.org for the various mods.

• 2 months later...
Guest DesignGal

There are also a variety of mods available which add various shipping options. Since you only want to offer 1 international option, you could configure a zone to give a single rate to your international customers.

Check out www.cubecartforums.org for the various mods.

I have actually found a way to eliminate USPS for Priority Mail for International orders over a certain weight by adjusting the max weight in the code.

You will need to edit the code in the calc.php file for the USPS module

navigate to

modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php

find this code: (around line 128)

Notice the overWeight (70) located in red below you can adjust that weight for example to 30 upload and test - if the item goes over that weight amount then it will default to UPS or any other shipping module you have setup. This can also be done for express mail options.

case "Priority":

$package = array(

'service' => 'PRIORITY',

'size' => $module['prioritySize'],

'container' => $module['priorityContainer'],

'mail_type' => "Package",

'width' => $module['priorityWidth'],

'height' => $module['priorityHeight'],

'length' => $module['priorityLength'],

'girth' => $module['priorityGirth']

);

[color="#FF0000"] $overWeight = overWeight(70);

[/color] break;

Example of setting the weight to 30 lbs

case "Priority":

$package = array(

'service' => 'PRIORITY',

'size' => $module['prioritySize'],

'container' => $module['priorityContainer'],

'mail_type' => "Package",

'width' => $module['priorityWidth'],

'height' => $module['priorityHeight'],

'length' => $module['priorityLength'],

'girth' => $module['priorityGirth']

);

[color="#FF0000"] $overWeight = overWeight(30);

[/color] break;

Hope this helps some of you with international shipping showing flat rate envelopes - it has me!!!!