Redesign of my first store

Just did a redesign of my very first store sensualelegance.com. Found a few sites I liked and decided to "borrow" what I liked the best :( Have a few finishing touches (mostly some more graphics and splash pages on the categories) to do, but I think it's mainly done. What do you think?

NB: Site link contains material of an adult nature.

Guest Brivtech

I really have to stop clicking onto your sites Lori, not helping my blood pressure! :(:)

Very nice professional look, where I'd feel confident purchasing something for my fiancee from.

:) Thanks. Gotta admit it's a combination of like 6 sites I found on the web that I liked - inspiration, yeah that's what it was lol

Was getting a bit too cluttered with 3 columns, so mainly I decided to switch it to 2 and combine some things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest StephenTomz

I have planned to have a website for my company with specialized graphic effects. Can anyone suggest how to find design firms on the internet?

There are many forums which talk about web designing but there are only limited firms which do graphic design on the net, so just search the design companies based on your requirements or just visit this page http://si-r-usdesign.com/.

I have planned to have a website for my company with specialized graphic effects. Can anyone suggest how to find design firms on the internet?

You might check with your local colleges & community colleges. They often have design students in need of real life experience who will do work for little or no cost. Especially good if you only need some graphics when starting up.

Guest http://www.kccr.co.uk

Just did a redesign of my very first store sensualelegance.com. Found a few sites I liked and decided to "borrow" what I liked the best :( Have a few finishing touches (mostly some more graphics and splash pages on the categories) to do, but I think it's mainly done. What do you think?

NB: Site link contains material of an adult nature.

Hi, your site doesn't seem to work to well in my browser. I'm running Internet Explorer 8 and your product descriptions are all messed up in my browser. Works fine in Safari though :(

The site is effective at presenting what you offer but if you are seeking improvement, you might consider softening the general hard-edged look that results from all the square corners. Maybe rounding them off? Or vignetting the photos to soften the edges?

Also, a tip about copy layout. A line of text becomes harder to read as the character count goes up. The eye jump from the last word on the right side back to the first word on the left line is difficult to sustain for more than four or five lines. The wider the block of text, the fewer lines of text in the paragraph should be for ease of reading.

So, on the Home Page, consider breaking that first block of text at

(unless you choose to give a peak!). - btw it's "peek," not "peak," unless you are referring to a certain portion of female anatomy sometimes alluded to as "embonpoint."

An alternative would be to put the text into a table that limits the character count to something closer to the character count ideal.

I did a quick search on the issue of how line width affects readability. Some of the results are worth thinking about.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_e...ot;+readability

• 4 weeks later...