Software License Error #12

Guest donna oakes

Guest donna oakes

Hi everyone.

I've tried to install the trial version of cubecart4 locally using easyphp. I can get the storefront no problem but when I attempt to open admin I get the following error messages:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to http://cp.cubecart.com:80 (Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in G:\WebServer\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\CubeCart\admin_enc_zend.php on line 146

Software License Error #12

Communication Error.

includes/extra folder exists and is writable.

includes/extra/key.php doesn't exist!

Note: The key.php file can be deleted at anytime and the store will attempt to regenerate it. Your software license key is held in the includes/global.inc.php file.

Solution:

There has been a connectivity issue attempting to license your store. Please contact your hosting company to make sure either 'cURL' or 'fsockopen' is enabled on the server or if your site is behind a proxy server. If it is behind a proxy server you will need to edit the admin.php file with the proxy address and port provided by your hosting company. If this issue remains please contact CubeCart technical support with FTP access to your store so that our staff can investigate this further. If you see an error message below please speecify this also in order to help us resolve this quickly for you.

Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? (10)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Donna.

Guest Maribelle's

i did that as well and i still get the error 12 and it deletes my key all the time and my lic activation is failing to recognize it

Guest Matt Parsons

I am trying to view the admin pages and i get the Software License Error #12 page

The error is:

cURL Error: Could not resolve host: cp.cubecart.com; No data record of requested type

I am behind a proxy server, but i have this configured correctly. Through a browser cp.cubecart.com loads fine. Any ideas?

Guest Brivtech

Read what is written above. I merged your post with this topic, which was only posted a few down from the top. :)

Guest Matt Parsons

I downloaded the latest version of Cubecart today (4.2.2) and that is the one i am getting the error on.

Tried using the patch just in case and its the same.

As i am trying to use the 30day trial i cannot raise a support ticket either.

Thanks