'Buy' & 'More' buttons - don't need but like t

Aloha gang,

Very happy with Cube Cart !! - I've gotten nearly a 1:1 match to my clients previous Mal's cart system which we are sadly dropping after much success due to its lack (or better said, our need) of inventory control.

The Cubecart 'buy' and 'more' are more than we need - actually I don't want to use the viewProd.tpl at all.

I have already killed the link to viewProd.tpl from the product image and name.

Now i want to replace the 'buy' and 'more' buttons with a single 'add to basket' which does nothing more than update the shoppingCart.tpl - leaving the user on the same viewCat.tpl.

Our shoppers simply scan the catagories - add, add, add - then check out.

any thoughts or ideas?

thanks a million

bill

Almost forgot - our products are 'one of a kind' so there is no need for any 'quantity' choice.

Cube cart seems to do a great job of controlling double 'add to carts' of 'one of a kind' items - i.e. it tells the shopper that they cannot buy what does not exist.

bill

Bill,

All of what you want it possible.

With regard to not using the viewprod page, just removed the 'Info' button from the category pages and that will solve that problem.

There is some code here and at cubecartforums.org which will tell you how to get customers to remain on the catgegory page. Sorry, I can't remember where it is but we use it on our site. You should be able to find by search - try search for topics I started here - I think I started one for the same thing :whistle:

Just update the language file to replace buy with add to basket.

Euan