Images and or catagories won't update

Turtleman

This seems to have me baffled and I'm a bit lost on tracking it down. At first I thought I had some of the same problems as some of the other post here about images not showing, I FTP and or "Browse" upload them to the cart but they don't show on the cart but they show in the servers folders via FTP. Then I get a error message in Admin of "Categories Failed to Update", but this now happens even with the good (non-problem) categories I've had on the site for awhile. ( Note Plumirea// White)

Sites Here

Any Help?

:yeahhh:

You upload them via FTP to the "images/upload/" folder. Good. But then, in the Product Edit page, you need to assign or attach one of those images to the product.

The message "Failed to update" is bit harsher than it needs to be. It actually means, "You did not make any changes that required MySQL to effect an update to a record(s)." That is, whatever you thought you had changed, it still didn't require MySQL to modify any data in a resultant recordset. Either the WHERE clause returned a zero-count recordset, or a recordset was returned but no data actually changed from what it was before.

In your database, inventory table, image column, are there any filenames here?

Thank You for the reply :)

I go to view product/edit, then browse existing images, the image is there but it never updates. I can take other images from other products and add them but not the ones I FTP'd for this product.

Interesting question, I go to PHPMyAdmin/_inventory/images, click "browse Distinct Values" ,, displayed at the bottom are the images that do show on the site, needless to say the ones we cant see arn't there.. how do I correct that? or is there something I need to do when uploading more images. (I have a few hundred that we'll be loading this summer)

EDIT

PHPMyAdmin/inventory/images/browse, shows all the images that were/are FTP.

seems like some FTP and some dont I've reloaded them but still have the same problem

I would ask that you look at the whole and complete table, not a report that lists "Distinct Values". I need for you to see that for a specific product that there exists in that same record a filename in the image column.

So, for example, a product whose productId is 4, and the productCode is RM, and the quantility is 100, and the description is "a bag of 100 red marbles", and the image is "redmarbles.jpg". I need for you to see all that, for all your products, in the inventory table.

Ahhh.. OK I see where/how to do that now, sorry about the lack of information

PHPMyAdmin/inventory/images/browse ,, shows everything that can be seen, I have several images that do Not show on that table (go figure).

In the case of PW1 that doesn't show the image I have the category and all the other information on the table but no image.

So I'm guessing that some where I'm doing something wrong or some file I have permissions set incorrectly?

:)

I also see there is no description for PW-1. If you add one (and update the product edit page), then take another look at this table, is the description added to the table?

Then, allow me to ask, what are some of the filenames that you have FTP'd to the upload folder? Do any have spaces in the names? Do any have international characters?

And what happens if you manually add an image's filename into the database via phpMyAdmin?

I also see there is no description for PW-1. If you add one (and update the product edit page), then take another look at this table, is the description added to the table?

Yes, sure does, descriptions price and any other variables update.

Then, allow me to ask, what are some of the filenames that you have FTP'd to the upload folder? Do any have spaces in the names? Do any have international characters?

The file names are all names after the product with no spaces or international characters with either jpg/gif or png file extensions examples are cactus.jpg or whiteplumeria.gif.

And what happens if you manually add an image's filename into the database via phpMyAdmin?

Umm.. a picture is worth a thousand words, it all updated;

Did you add that picture into the database manually, or did you just coincidentally add it while you added the description on the Product Edit page and it worked?

If the former, now we need to figure out why the image isn't getting added to the database from the Edit page.

Sadly I added it to the DB manually.

If older images were added via Admin without any problems and then one day "poof" they don't load anymore, I'm guessing it's a server side issue not a cart issue, (key word is Guessing here). I opened a ticket with my host to see if anything has changed on his end, he's real good at getting things done and poking around to find things.

If the DB updates text in all the other fields in my way of thought its either;

The Image

User Error

or host server side something or other

Am I wrong in that way of thinking or am I on the right path?

File sizes are large, file sizes range from 60KB to 220KB, both file sizes have loaded before. On some of the older images I have these sizes (they vary depending on the product and if that product has secondary images) Image sizes that aren't loading are running 90 to 127KB. Images I final for display for the cart are ID'd with our logo and product ID then optimized before FTP.