Edit Skins for cubecart 4

Guest soupz

Guest soupz

Hi,

I'm trying out the 30day Trial of CubeCart 4 so that I can see how good it is to get to grips with for my business and so far its been ok. I've managed to install it onto my Hosting server fine and i'm at the stage where i can begin modifying and building it up.

My question is about editing the skins. I would like to be able to modify the Carreta-Bright skin but I'm having trouble opening the file in Dreamweaver. I have a folder called skins inside the Cubecart main folder which I downloaded for the trial and have made a copy of the skins folder and renamed it so that I always have the originals intact.

When I open the skins folder, I am presented with 4 folders. Carreta-Bright, Carreta-Soft, classic and KitaBlue. Also is a .php file called index.

I'm not sure which file in Carreta-Bright folder I should modify and also when I open the .php index files with dreamweaver. Its blank and I dont see the skin in order to modify.

I hope someone can advise me on what to do and I hope you guys have understood what i've said. Sorry if I sound confusing.

I would just like to edit the colour scheme of Carreta-Brite theme to say a Black and brown.

Guest degsey69

By editing the CSS this will change the color of your skin, to better help you download a utility called Hex Color Finder by passing the pointer over the website it will show you the hex codes for the colors that are there.

Using this will help you identify what part of the CSS file to edit

Degsey

Guest soupz

Hi,

Thanks for the responses! I'm soo very greatful for your advice and help!

Right okay, I kind of assumed that I was able to edit the skins in a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver 8. If not then it might be tricky for me as I dont have any coding experience at all.

Is this how most of the cubecart Websites designed? as in hand coded? i've seen many great looking websites and wish for mine to look like some of these but the daunting task of having to code really deters me. Understanding which code means what of the actual skin is confusing.

I'm guessing i would have to learn a bit of CSS coding. Can you point me to where to start?

Thankyou.