can i update v3 to v4 on shared server?

Guest semolinapilchard

Guest semolinapilchard

hi

my website is hosted by vodahost and i am running v3.0.15 on vodhost is an upgrade to v3.0.17 but i cant see anything about them supporting v4

can i install/upgrade to v4 and if i can is it easy to do??

i have quite a few mods on the v3 which are intergrted on the v4 so will there be any problems do you think??

i am complete novice when it comes to web design but managed to get my store up and running and now looking to move it on.

thanks in advance for any advice!!!

esther

Ask your host if they are using PHP 5.2 or above to run the latest versions of Cubecart 4. The upgrade is pretty easy and instructions are included but you will lose all your CC3 mods. If you have a modded skin, that will need to be upgraded to work with version 4. Make sure you back everything up before you attempt the upgrade.

Guest semolinapilchard

in my host control panel it says php version 5.2.4 so i guess that is modern enough.

so i dont need to ask vodahost to do anything i can do the upgrade to my end??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SRockCigars

Ask your host if they are using PHP 5.2 or above to run the latest versions of Cubecart 4. The upgrade is pretty easy and instructions are included but you will lose all your CC3 mods. If you have a modded skin, that will need to be upgraded to work with version 4. Make sure you back everything up before you attempt the upgrade.

My host says PHP 4.4.4

Cart 4 says 4.3 required.

Is it advisable to upgrade?

Thanks

SRC