Sorting products in the shop

Hi all

Have a few problems:

1. Is there anyway of changing the order in which products are displayed on the website? I mean, by going into a category, you see all the products, but I would like the cheapest ones at the top by default, or maybe to arrange the products in a different order. Is there a way of doing this?

2. My menu is showing the number 12 in brackets beside the category, which I thought was the number of products, however, if you actually go into the category, it is only displaying 3 products. And there are only 3 products in the category from the admin side too. Any ideas please?!

Thanks very much for the help.

Dev01

Guest groove4life

I also had the same issue, and I solved it by changing product id's in the database, lowest product ID's come first and so on.

Note that you should be careful doing this on an established store and it most certainly will screw up your statistics..

Thanks very much for that, I take it you did that by using phpmyadmin or an equivalent to change the order in which items appear?

Dev01

Guest groove4life

Thanks very much for that, I take it you did that by using phpmyadmin or an equivalent to change the order in which items appear?

Dev01

Thats correct, phpmyadmin ;)

You can alter the state of the ids showing on the site by the sql query in the apporpriate files.

Just do a search in the forums or over at cubecartforums.org.

Lots of people ask this question so it shouldnt be hard to find ;)

As to the category numbers being wrong,

Go into your admin side of CC and right down at the bottom on the left nav is 'recount & rebuild'

Just update the appropriate query.