Packing slip template?

Packing slips in CC3 were laid out well enough for my tastes, yet the packing slip in CC4 seems to have gone weird. I finally took a moment to look around for the template for it, yet it appears there isn't any. It appears that the HTML layout for the packing slip is contained within the /admin/sources/orders/print.inc.php file.

If this is so, then CC cannot claim 100% separation of code and layout.

It also makes it difficult for a non-coder to create a custom layout.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong and someone will be able to point me to a template file to customize. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brivtech

No template file here I'm afraid.

The file is indeed /admin/sources/orders/print.inc.php

There's no easy way around this, you lot simply have to pick through the code and adapt it to your needs.

If you have a basic HTML editor, it shouldn't be too difficult. Leave the <?php ... ... ?> parts in place to perform their functions. Imagine them as {SOMETHING} that you'd get in a normal .tpl file.

I believe that development of a template-based admin area will follow in the future one day - It has been mentioned in passing in the past, and I'm sure it'll cover any output such as this, however, this won't be for a long, long time still.

• 5 months later...
Guest Steve.Thompson

Is there any chance that this will be fixed any time soon?

There seem to be quite a few shortcomings for software that we've paid good money for.

Is there any chance that this will be fixed any time soon?

There seem to be quite a few shortcomings for software that we've paid good money for.

There is NO templating in admin side involved I am sorry. CubeCart 5 admin side should be templated as well ;)

There is NO templating in admin side involved I am sorry.

Personally, I consider the packing slip to be part of the customer side, since they see the end result.

Guest 24hrPCdoc

There is NO templating in admin side involved I am sorry.

Personally, I consider the packing slip to be part of the customer side, since they see the end result.

You might also want to checkout the Language section in CubeCart Control Panel. You might be able to customize it there since that are is for modifying Text.

Guest PLMaster

What are you looking to do with the packing slip? I've added a bunch of fields to ours and made the shipping and billing addresses appear side by side. I might be able to help, just let me know what your thoughts are.

• 6 months later...

What are you looking to do with the packing slip? I've added a bunch of fields to ours and made the shipping and billing addresses appear side by side. I might be able to help, just let me know what your thoughts are.

I could use your help. I'm trying to modify my client's packing slip for them. I saw that you've already had success with it and could save me some serious time as I'm not a fast coder.

My client (Borit) often needs to send off invoices and/or likes to send their clients a pdf invoice/packing slip via email right after the order.

Here's a mocked up screen shot of what I'm trying to accomplish with my notes on it. (none of the requested changes have actually been done.)

I'd appreciate ANY help or insight you can provide.

Screenshot of customized packing slip