Software License Error #12 - Communication Error

Guest maksum

Guest maksum

NOTE BY ADMIN: If you receive this error message please contact our sales team with FTP access to your store and they will resolve it for you by manually creating a key.php file.

I've seen similar topics, but I am starting this one as I have not seen it addressed or resolved specifically for this set up:

ver 4.11

Live Site

fully purchased license

Also, I have submitted a ticket, but have received no response. I can't even seem to log into support, and when I request to receive a password I never receive the email. So I'm wondering if things are messed up and they're not even receiving my ticket.

Anyway, I am all ready to move forward on this site, and I've bought a full license. As suggested by the error message I contacted my host and cURL is enabled, so I don't think that's it. I have also set up other CC4 stores though this same host without issue.

I also found the thread suggesting you download and replace these files:

admin_enc_zend.php

admin_enc_ion.php

I have done that as well without success. I have also deleted the key.php file, again, without success. I just keep getting this error.

pasted below is the error I'm getting:

---------------------------------------------------

Software License Error #12

Communication Error.

includes/extra folder exists and is writable.

includes/extra/key.php doesn't exist!

Note: The key.php file can be deleted at anytime and the store will attempt to regenerate it. Your software license key is held in the includes/global.inc.php file.

Solution:

There has been a connectivity issue attempting to license your store. Please contact your hosting company to make sure either 'cURL' or 'fsockopen' is enabled on the server or if your site is behind a proxy server. If it is behind a proxy server you will need to edit the admin.php file with the proxy address and port provided by your hosting company. If this issue remains please contact CubeCart technical support with FTP access to your store so that our staff can investigate this further. If you see an error message below please speecify this also in order to help us resolve this quickly for you.

cURL Error: connect() timed out!

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Guest maksum

Then instead of waiting for a response here you should update your ticket to chase them up. The developers do not visit the forum regularly so the official support route is the best way to go. Out of curiosity, when did you submit your ticket and what country are based in? Devillion are a UK based company and so UK office hours apply here.

Yesterday I submitted it, June 4. I am in the U.S.. I tried to log in to check the status of my order but it won't accept my email address and password. When I try to have the system send the password to my email, I never receive it.

I am all about going through the official route, but it has not been fruitful yet. Just trying something else as I have promised the client it would be up and I have been unable to deliver on my word.

Guest mike_h

When I try to have the system send the password to my email, I never receive it.

Yep, the password reset is broken (the email never comes), as are email notifications when a ticked is updated (I think).

It basically means frustration at every step for you and your client.

I too am having communication error #12 with a license that has worked for some time.

My client has now been locked out of there store for most of the week. My initial support has expired (never used), so now I probably have to pay to get more support for something that is probably not my fault. Imagine if Microsoft's activation for Windows worked like this, and people couldn't use their OS for a week :unsure:

Maksum, if you want to try executing this script on your server it will probably show that you can't connect to cubecart with curl, but that other sites work ok:

<?php

/**

cURL test communication

*/

//URL to attempt to connect to

$url = 'http://cp.cubecart.com';

if(!$c = curl_init($url)) exit('cURL init failure');

curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_HEADER, FALSE);

curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);

//15 second timeout

curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15);

//Successful Connection

if($html_content = curl_exec($c)) {

echo "<h1>Success!</h1>

<p><b>$url</b> loaded ok<br>\n";

}

//FAILED connection

else {

echo "<h1 style='color: #B00;'>Failure</h1>

<p>$url did not load</p>";

}

echo "<pre>";

print_r(curl_getinfo($c));

echo "</pre>";

curl_close($c);

?>

Just change the value of $url near the top of the script to try different sites.

Guest mike_h

Nothing in my spam folder I'm afraid (except spam).

Come to think of it, I don't get email notifications from these forums either.

Guest maksum

There is nothing wrong with either the password reset or the email notifications. Ive had a ticket running the last 3 days and received every email notification. I had lost my password to login and the reset worked first time. I suggest you check your spam folders to make sure the emails haven't gone there.

I too have checked my spam folder. It's the first thing I do when I'm due to receive an email and then don't see it. I'm not seeing them. And yes, I too do not receive email notifications of replies to posts.

Guest maksum

Maksum, if you want to try executing this script on your server it will probably show that you can't connect to cubecart with curl, but that other sites work ok:

When I use this script to try to connect to cp.cubecart.com I get this:

Failure

http://cp.cubecart.com did not load

And you're right. I'm able to connect to other sites fine. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for sending that script along.

I just hate to not deliver what I promised to my client.

Guest maksum

Does anyone know of an email I can use to contact support? Seems that everything on their web site just points to their helpdesk system.

Guest asoflex

I've had a similar problem too. I've installed ccart on windows iis and fixed the problem by manually download the .php file that you already did and giving includes/extra write permissions as well as clearing the cache folder.

Guest maksum

If you don't have a valid SUPPORT don't hesitate to open a ticket in Sales department due to the Software License Error #12. We can generate a license file manually.

I do have valid support. I entered it in the ticket when I created it. Convict, it says "staff" next to your name. Can you give me an update on ticket #47221 and maybe manually send a password generator to me: mike_att_msummers_dott_com

Maybe I need a license file created manually. If I could access my ticket I may suggest that.

After a lot of communication with the new server provider I have discovered that there is an extra firewall to our rack or subnet I think. I am working with them to make sure cp.cubecart.com on port 80 is completely white listed. If you still have this issue it should be gone within an hour. If it persists please raise a support ticket with your domain and I will as our server administrators to check it is allowed.

Guest maksum

After a lot of communication with the new server provider I have discovered that there is an extra firewall to our rack or subnet I think. I am working with them to make sure cp.cubecart.com on port 80 is completely white listed. If you still have this issue it should be gone within an hour. If it persists please raise a support ticket with your domain and I will as our server administrators to check it is allowed.

I appreciate your update and your response to this thread. I have tried it again, without success. I used the connection test script included earlier in this thread again, and I am still unable to connect to cp.cubecart.com.

As you recommended I have created another ticket with updated information. I tried a new email address since I am still receiving nothing through my original email. It seems the helpdesk system is still behaving the same way. When I registered the new email I got no email confirmation (perhaps the system doesn't send one). When I submitted the ticket I receiving no email confirmation either (again, perhaps the system doesn't send one.) I cannot log in to the ticket system using this account I just created (or at least tried to create) and again, when I use the password retrieval function, I receive nothing. And yes, throughout the process I have carefully screened my junk folder to assure that the messages weren't simply going there.

I am getting ticket numbers, so that might be a good sign. I hope that they are at least going into the system and being read by someone. Perhaps they are even being addressed, but I just can't see the responses, in which case if cubecart support can figure out how to get me to log in and see the status of my tickets I may find a solution.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but here are the details of my most recent ticket. I will take out what might be sensitive information:

New Ticket: 47445

I had submitted a ticket before (ticket # 47221) but am not receiving any emails through your system, so I have no way of seeing the status on it.  When I try to log in to your help desk it fails.  When I try to retrieve my password (just in case I'm typing it in wrong) it says it is dispatched, but then I never receive the email (and yes, I've checked my junk mail folder.)

Since it's been seemingly impossible to get support through your ticket system, I've been seeing what sort of help I can get on your forums.  If interested on where I got with that you can see this thread:

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showtopic=34215

So you can review ticket #47221 and that forum thread, but I will state what's going on in this ticket as well, in hopes that it goes through.  My email address is [ORIGINAL EMAIL] and used that when submitting the original ticket.  This time I am trying [NEW EMAIL] to see if it helps to use a different email account.

So here is the issue...

I am all ready to move forward on this site, and I've bought a full license. As suggested by the error message (included below) I contacted my host and cURL is enabled, so I don't think that's it. I have also set up other CC4 stores though this same host without issue.

I also found the thread suggesting you download and replace these files:

admin_enc_zend.php

admin_enc_ion.php

I have done that as well without success. I have also deleted the key.php file, again, without success. I just keep getting this error.

Also, by suggested in that thread I started and have kept up on, I used a little test script to see if I can even connect to http://cp.cubecart.com and it fails (last tested today, June 9 '08).  Yet I can use that same script to connect to other sites just fine.

pasted below is the error I'm getting:

Software License Error #12

Communication Error.

includes/extra folder exists and is writable.

includes/extra/key.php doesn't exist!

Note: The key.php file can be deleted at anytime and the store will attempt to regenerate it. Your software license key is held in the includes/global.inc.php file.

Solution:

There has been a connectivity issue attempting to license your store. Please contact your hosting company to make sure either 'cURL' or 'fsockopen' is enabled on the server or if your site is behind a proxy server. If it is behind a proxy server you will need to edit the admin.php file with the proxy address and port provided by your hosting company. If this issue remains please contact CubeCart technical support with FTP access to your store so that our staff can investigate this further. If you see an error message below please speecify this also in order to help us resolve this quickly for you.

cURL Error: connect() timed out!

If you could help me out I would REALLY appreciate it.  I HAVE to get this site up and running for my client soon.  I'm very worried I'm going to lose their business after all the time I've already put into creating their template, consulting with them, talking up all the benefits of cubecart, etc..

It would be very helpful if I could log into your helpdesk system.  I guess I don't even know if you're receiving these ticket submissions.  Even after trying to register with this new email address it still won't let me in, did not send me a registration confirmation email, and does not send me my password when I request it.

Ok, so that's where I am on the issue. Still desperate and would still be very appreciative for any help that can be offered. as I've expressed before, I am desirous to respect cubecart's support channels as opposed to using the forum. It just doesn't appear to be working. I don't even know if they are receiving my tickets.

Guest Brivtech

Have you checked with your hosting company that they are not blocking Port 80 for the domain that Al mentioned?

I had an experience a while back with my host over a different software package that used this port, and my host were unable to unblock the software's access to the port due to "security reasons".

This shouldn't happen with Cubecart, but who knows. I'm clutching at straws here because I can see the frustration you're going through, and I'm powerless to help because I don't have enough knowledge on this particular problem.

What hosting are you using? You really shouldn't be having this problem, but obviously, you are.

If you're getting ticket numbers, then that is good, Support don't work on weekends, but they are normally very helpful and should be able to resolve your problem, or direct you to a suitable solution. It's only Monday, and you have the problem late Friday, so lets hope it will get sorted straight away now.

Guest maksum

Have you checked with your hosting company that they are not blocking Port 80 for the domain that Al mentioned?

I had an experience a while back with my host over a different software package that used this port, and my host were unable to unblock the software's access to the port due to "security reasons".

This shouldn't happen with Cubecart, but who knows. I'm clutching at straws here because I can see the frustration you're going through, and I'm powerless to help because I don't have enough knowledge on this particular problem.

What hosting are you using? You really shouldn't be having this problem, but obviously, you are.

Thanks for the response. I use HostGator. They have been very accommodating with any questions I've posed to them, including this one. They said that they just have a standard set-up for their Port 80, and should be available for use to communicate with any web site I need. They do not have any sort of blocking set up.

Guest mike_h

I signed up for a new support system account using a Gmail address and I get the notifications again.

The email address that is NOT receiving anything from CubeCart is on the same server that cannot connect with cURL. I've got a strong feeling the server is blocked somewhere and the cURL error and the lack of emails are symptoms of the same problem.

maksum...is this situation the same for you? (the email address that gets nothing is hosted on the same account as your broken store)

Guest maksum

maksum...is this situation the same for you? (the email address that gets nothing is hosted on the same account as your broken store)

Yes, my original email that I tried mike_ATT_msummers_DOTT_com and the new email that I tried info_ATT_bluebugmedia_DOTT_com are both hosted through the same provider that is hosting my store that can't communicate with cubecart: babesinbows.com

(btw, will be a site for hair bows for little baby girls - just so you don't get the wrong idea ;) )

I have only today found out that out new server provide as a managed firewall on the network that we are behind. Had we known this we may have never purchased the server. It has an access control list that we don't have any power over. Some of our customers stores have been blocked from our software license system as the IP address has been deemed dangerous by a 3rd party security company.

We are looking to see if we can have our own dedicated firewall or move to another server provider entirely.

Guest mike_h

Ok thanks Al.

What is the best way to get my store manually activated for at least the next 2 weeks while these issues are sorted? I don't have a support plan. Should I just submit a Sales ticket?

And to answer your previous question, I don't have any bounced messages. I was referring to not receiving messages from the CubeCart systems (Ticket update notification, forum notifications, lost password etc.). I haven't attempted to send emails to CubeCart.

Guest maksum

Ok, my site is now live. They finally came through and generated a manual key for me. I also finally started getting email communication with the help desk ticket system, so it looks like good news. Hopefully others who have been in my shoes will find resolution as well.

Ok, my site is now live. They finally came through and generated a manual key for me. I also finally started getting email communication with the help desk ticket system, so it looks like good news. Hopefully others who have been in my shoes will find resolution as well.
Thing goes well it should be ok for EVERYONE within 24 hours due to DNS records matchess.

• 2 weeks later...