Error in zip file for 3.0.18

Guest KGBelectronics

Guest KGBelectronics

WARNING:

The full 3.0.18 zip file has errors in numerous files which if copied over an existing installation will break it. It will also not function as a fresh install.

Details of the faulty version are :

Download Details

Filename: CubeCart_3.0.18.zip

Size: 2.51 MB

Creation Date: 02 Jun 2008 01:36 PM

The separate zip of "only changed files" appears to be correct at this time but I have not yet confirmed.

Cheers, Ken

This package [02 Jun 2008 01:36 PM] has faulty files. It is not suitable for a clean install! Don't use it until fixed one is published. See the list of wrong files "red marked" in Report below

Report.html

Edited by KGBelectronics

Guest KGBelectronics

Stevie,

The link is provided in the cart and store owners will see this when they log into admin.

Well over 600 people have downloaded the faulty zip according to the counter and I suspect most of them never came near the forum.

Also in the link that you provide there are two links, the top one goes to the faulty zip file and the bottom one to what appears to be a correctly assembled version.

Also note that the problem is NOT a "corrupt" zip file but one that has incorrect content put into the zip file.

To make matters worse the filenames appear in the correct directories but their content is incorrect.

You already have over 600 potential broken stores .. I thought that this would at least warrant a sticky or warning on the forum after 8hrs.

Cheers, Ken

Well now I don't feel so bad about being confused!!

The Admin link that notified me goes to a place that only has the Full Zip (which may be bad)

There's a forum post that no one but those in the know will read that links to a changed files only zip and maybe to a good copy of the full zip. This is not linked to from my Admin.

And finally the place to download official releases... does not have the upgrade zip or the possibly good full zip.

There that allays all my fears about upgrading!

(I have serious issues with UPS shipping calculation in 3.0.17 so am very interested in the calc and shipping changes)

Guest KGBelectronics

Ken,

The previous poster asked for the link to the changed files only. That post contains that link.

I am not a Moderator here so if you want to have a go at someone for not pinning the post then do so by PMing one of them or actually letting Al know directly. You of all people know that Al nor Martin visit the forum regularly :unsure:

Stevie,

I apologise and didnt realise that you were not a mod on this forum. Having said that I notice that on the forum where you are a mod NOTHING has been done to highlight the potential problem. Do with the information what you will ... I'm not interested in a "political" discussion about where and why, my intention was to simply help forum members and CubeCart users.

Given the fact that it's now Saturday morning here at ariound 3:20am and I'm on the other side of the planet to you guys I would expect that you could communicate the issue to each other with far more ease that me. I've tried to bring this to your attention .... the rest is in the hands of Devillion and the moderators (not you Stevie).

Cheers, Ken

PS Incidentally I did PM a Moderator on CCF.org who is listed as an Admin on this forum and WAS online at the time I PM'd but got no response .... c'est la vie.

Great stat to a Monday morning :dizzy:. Only about 5 files have changed. How can it be so broken with minor changes? I'll have to look at this today. I do not recall a single support ticket concerning any issues at all. I'm wondering if there was something wrong with the subversion repository.

I don't see any specific problems mentioned in this thread. Just lots of posts saying it is broken. Any more info?

*Edit* OK I see the file sizes. I have no clue how this has happened. I'll take 3.0.17 and reapply the changes for 3.0.18.

Guest KGBelectronics

Great stat to a Monday morning :dizzy:. Only about 5 files have changed. How can it be so broken with minor changes? I'll have to look at this today. I do not recall a single support ticket concerning any issues at all. I'm wondering if there was something wrong with the subversion repository.

I don't see any specific problems mentioned in this thread. Just lots of posts saying it is broken. Any more info?

Good effort ... 3 days later and you're not sure??

Try doing a comparison between 3.0.17 and 3.0.18 and inginre the "3.0.18" changes.

(We're talking about the FULL download here NOT the "changed files" zip)

The FULL zip (read the OP here , it's got all the details ... as has the similar post on CubeCartForums.org) has files in it that if they are used to overwrite an existing installation will cause havoc.

Just for starters ... try looking at the contents of the transfer.inc.php file for Paymate .... you figure out the rest.

It was NOT a random failure as I downloaded the same FAULTY file twice, with a 12 hr break, to verify that it wasnt a random failure.

So far whilst trying to assist with this Ive been ignored (ask the mod on the CCF forum who is also Admin on here why my original PM was ignored - and Robsta did reply, but not the other one) and blasted for daring to criticise a release (or why no-one has reacted to it)

No bloody wonder that version 4 has so many problems .... get your heads out of the sand.

Ken

Incidentally:

The (correct) changed files contain 11 altered files:

8 of those are deidcated to your change of logo

1 of them fixes a very minor bug

1 of them corrects an issue that has been addresed "ad nauseam" on the forums

and bluntly, I couldnt be bothered seeing how long the other change has been aronud on the forums .....

So all of this was really for a logo change??

Hey Ken

Thanks for the warning...

I downloaded the files some days ago. So, today when oppened the content I realize than something was wrong...

So, I entered here in the forum and found your post... thank god!

Using those files my shop would be going to hell :)

Many many "obrigado", "gracias", thanks" :)

And thanks to the administrators for fix the problem...

Take care you all

Alvaro

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cuber1

Well now I don't feel so bad about being confused!!

The Admin link that notified me goes to a place that only has the Full Zip (which may be bad)

There's a forum post that no one but those in the know will read that links to a changed files only zip and maybe to a good copy of the full zip. This is not linked to from my Admin.

And finally the place to download official releases... does not have the upgrade zip or the possibly good full zip.

There that allays all my fears about upgrading!

(I have serious issues with UPS shipping calculation in 3.0.17 so am very interested in the calc and shipping changes)

I have downloaded the new zip today(07/11/2008). It doesn't have necessary files in upgrade folder it doesn't have 3.0.17-3.0.18 it ends on

3.0.12-3.0.13

I am new to this and would appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nessy

I've upgraded from a New Version of 3.0.17 to 3.0.18 and the Download Email Addresses function in Admin doesn't work. When I click Download Email addresses I get a blank screen. So I tried the Email customers function - it tells me ' Time taken = 0 seconds and Recipients = 0 '

I know there are customer email addresses in there, because it's a brand new store with only my test addresses in there so far.

So the actual process is not working.

** Al, which are the files associated with these functions please? Where can I download new ones, or can you tell me what code I need to change to make it work?

Thanks

I have downloaded the new zip today(07/11/2008). It doesn't have necessary files in upgrade folder it doesn't have 3.0.17-3.0.18 it ends on

3.0.12-3.0.13

That means no database update, only files.

Guest Nessy

I've been doing further investigation, but still can't resolve the 'download email blank screen'. In the browser I get ./customers/email.php?action=download so I checked the email.php file and see there were no changes in 3.0.18 from 3.0.17 version. Same with index.php and send.php. Does anyone know what coding (in which file) email.php is looking at to get the action=download , and what I'd have to do to make it work?

Thanks

Guest Nessy

All fixed. It wasn't in the CC 3.0.18 file. It was a server issue.

Huge thanks go to Ken at KGB who checked the files and discovered the cause of the issue while he was helping me with his GST mod. A very experienced and knowledgable programmer and a delight to deal with. I will continue to buy more mods from his store, as his support and service is superb. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Guest Michelle :)

3.0.12-3.0.13

Hello :unsure: I am new too and just upgraded from 3.0.17 ... If I understand the upgrade directions right, you should not have to run any scripts from the upgrade folder. ... The scripts are only for versions 3.0.13 and older. (I am guessing that 3.0.17 is very similar to 3.0.18)

I followed the directions, uploading most of the stuff from the "upload" folder except the files that it said not to. Everything appears to be working well. But I will not be able to check shipping rates until I go to the office in a few hours. I really hope that they have fixed the problem with UPS! This is my first time to use a shortcut instead of building a site from scratch. ... It will really hurt my reputation and my clients' business if shipping rates are always off by $2 - $4.