My first attempt to design with cubecart

Guest BOOJOO

Guest BOOJOO

Hi all

I would appreciate if you provide some feedback on my new shop design.

I did it myself and I am no php or style sheets person just tried to figure out placing stuff around

its important as I provide design service and any constructive FEEDBACK would be helpful.

website is

MUJKA DESIGN SHOP

Thank you so much

B.

Nicely done! My only critique is that the font colors are too light - especially the light blue for the links. Even with my glasses on, they are hard to see. The general text color is also hard to see - anyone with vision problems (or those of us with older eyes now needing reading glasses :dizzy:) might have a problem and not bother reading your site.

Lovely graphics though and a very clean layout. Well done.

Guest pixelsdesign

WoW! :dizzy: Are you sure you don't know php or style sheet? Very nicely done! I would make the texts more legible, other than that you did a wonderful job!

Congrat to you!

Guest BOOJOO

Thank you

Hmm I use HD monitor so I see colors supers sharp maybe thats why

ok

I will change the color more sharper

and yes I have no experience on CSS , first time editing a css file

and reading forums to understand how to place things around on php files so

I was not sure

I have to think about people with vision problems too :dizzy:

your comments so much appreciated

thanks again

Guest BOOJOO

Its version V4.2.2

It came like that

I think V3 has Devellion Ltd link there too,

This was Classic skin and I didnot touch any copyright info :dizzy:

hmm

B.

Guest BOOJOO

Im seeing this design very sharp so I cannot really tell

I changed light bluish color to orange

does that make any difference

is it readable?

thank you

Guest degsey69

Sorry my mistake, I didnt realise that V4 had (powered by cubecart) in the title bar !!

As for the design.

Well done, very nice and original.

Good luck with your venture

Dont forget you are paying 2 licenses in V4 one for the software and one for the copyright removal.

Degsey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asafisk

On the whole the site is very nicely done.

Constructive criticism:

It's a bit busy. Do you really need the Featured Product and Popular Products boxes?

I believe many customers will expect the basket summary and currency selector to be on the right hand side, near the top. By moving the newsletter sign up to the right too, also a common practice you could move the custom links to info pages to the left. This is just a suggestion.

You say that you are not skilled in the arts of CSS or PHP but you created this pretty site AND you are offering web design services. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you don't know CSS. Take this as a compliment.

Lastly I think your extended licenses are too cheap. Take a look at istockphoto to see what others are charging for exclusive use of designs.

Best of luck with your venture.

Asa

Guest BOOJOO

:unsure: THANKS FOR THE CRITICISM

I do not really need the whole boxes on the page at all, just left them there as they are.

I wanted one side is design and custom services other side is shopping basket features so yes it would be good idea to swap the the side menus

Im definitely not skilled as any of the css or php but I read english so if a title say button color on css so I can play with it and see what changes it makes, I played with the numbers alot to get the colors and placements

so I cannot write a css or php code from scratch at all but can change it like everybody else who know html knowledge, also Im offering services but I am not coding or installing, I have 2 designers one is for cubecart other is for other cards so I thought they will install things Im only designer of templates.

My licenses are cheap, yes but the amount of free things you can get from internet most of the people do not even buy extended license, I m on Istock too and I have many downloads none of them extended, people do not buy it, maybe agencies but most of them get away with royalty free and nobody can track them, so I sell pretty good with that prices better than my total stock income (I am on almost every stock site) and I have many designers to create stuff, I think this is fair enough as the money goes:)

I wont complain

but I definitely consider to swap the placement of side menus

thanks so much for the feedback

Burcu

On the whole the site is very nicely done.

Constructive criticism:

It's a bit busy. Do you really need the Featured Product and Popular Products boxes?

I believe many customers will expect the basket summary and currency selector to be on the right hand side, near the top. By moving the newsletter sign up to the right too, also a common practice you could move the custom links to info pages to the left. This is just a suggestion.

You say that you are not skilled in the arts of CSS or PHP but you created this pretty site AND you are offering web design services. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you don't know CSS. Take this as a compliment.

Lastly I think your extended licenses are too cheap. Take a look at istockphoto to see what others are charging for exclusive use of designs.

Best of luck with your venture.

Asa