Email templates, persistant <br /> tags?

Guest Kitelife

Guest Kitelife

Hi folks,

I'm running into something really odd with the email templates on v4.1.1!

It's consistent throughout all fields in the language file, but as an example...

{PRODUCT_NAME}

DOWNLOAD LINK:

{DOWNLOAD_URL}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is coming out like this...

{PRODUCT_NAME}<br />

<br />

DOWNLOAD LINK:<br />

<br />

{DOWNLOAD_URL}<br />

<br />

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yes, the emails are actually sent out with <br /> injected all over the place (even on an html-friendly email reader).

When we delete the break tags and make proper spaces in the language file itself, the modified fields in the admin panel show the <br /> anyway and show the "revert" option, even though it's supposed to be identical to the hard language file.

I'm so confused, and frustrated... Any suggestions?

You'll want to make your edits in the Admin panel, not the actual language files. This is because CC4 now saves the language variables to the database.

Try that and see what happens.

For reference, I haven't noticed any problem with the original emails supplied with CC4. Do you know what version of MySQL is installed on your server?

Guest Kitelife

That's the root of the problem Alan... When we tried to make changes in the admin panel, it started adding the <br /> tags. ;)

• 1 month later...

We have updated Cubecart 4.1.1 to 4.2.2 and there are still break tags in the e-mails

You will have to truncate the cubecart lang table through php myadmin to rectify this. You will lose any information you entered on your homepage in the process so take a copy if you need to.

Guest Brivtech

I had this problem and I reported it to CubeCart staff.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=833

It should have been fixed in recent versions, although I haven't checked.

Martin closed the issue, so no further attention will be given to it. As its closed, it will have to be raised again as a new issue.

I'm sorry to say, but I think sometimes Martin closes bugs too quickly without allowing people the opportunity to respond.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have the same Problem. My custumers are getting emails like:

Dear Mr. xxx,<br />

<br />

this is annoying, so anybody can tell me how to fix that in an understanding way?

Best regards..

• 2 weeks later...

We have updated Cubecart 4.1.1 to 4.2.2 and there are still break tags in the e-mails

You will have to truncate the cubecart lang table through php myadmin to rectify this. You will lose any information you entered on your homepage in the process so take a copy if you need to.

What do you mean by he/she would loos any information you entered on their homepage in the process. If I were to clear out the cubecart lang_table what exactly would i loose?