My First CubeCart - Slimming Products Shop

Guest imjesus

Guest imjesus

Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated. My personal recommendation would be the Silver Slimming pills - they're the best!

I have spent 2 months working on the site, which hopefully is worth it. If anyone can recommend any changes or improvements I could make please let me know, I need constructive criticism to make my cart as customer friendly as possible!

Guest paulabakerparkin

I may have to invest in some if you think they work!

Ok here is my 10 pence worth:

- http://www.evolution-slimming.com/shop/ind...mp;productId=36

The product description is very difficult to read. The font is too small in places and is bold all the way through. The multiple coloours make it unreadable. I would suggest separating out the description into a tabbed view. For example http://www.ice2o.co.uk/store/flake-ice-mac...-80/prod_7.html

- So much effort has been put into the graphics everywhere but the buttons. I would look at changing these buttons to more eye catching images.

Guest imjesus

Thanks, I will take a look at the SlimShot page and see what I can do.

Which buttons are you referring to? The menu buttons?

I'm not sure if I can integrate the tabbed menu now since as my shop is open and taking money, I think I will leave that for the time being thank you. Unless you can add a tabbed description for just one product?

Just to say the non shop pages on my widescreen monitor show with the two sections side-by-side, rather than one above the other. I am not sure if this was as intended. I think it looks better with them one above the other as I see them if I reduce the window size. (in both firefox an IE.).

Guest imjesus

Just to say the non shop pages on my widescreen monitor show with the two sections side-by-side, rather than one above the other. I am not sure if this was as intended. I think it looks better with them one above the other as I see them if I reduce the window size. (in both firefox an IE.).

Ah, I see, thank you, I did not realise this was a problem. I am not entirely sure how to fix this, I shall look into it. Thanks.

there are two ways

1. replace the <div align="center"> entry you have at the moment with <div id="pageSurround"> if both parts fit in the 748 px width of your shop pages, or a similarly set up id name just for these pages if some of the other settings are wrong. You will need to copy the #pageSurround css code to your header styles information from your shopstyle sheet as these pages are not linked. or:

2. by putting

<br/ class="clear" />

in the html for these pages between the two parts

and

.clear { clear:both;}

in the css part of the header.

Chris

Guest imjesus

there are two ways

1. replace the <div align="center"> entry you have at the moment with <div id="pageSurround"> if both parts fit in the 748 px width of your shop pages, or a similarly set up id name just for these pages if some of the other settings are wrong. You will need to copy the #pageSurround css code to your header styles information from your shopstyle sheet as these pages are not linked. or:

2. by putting

<br/ class="clear" />

in the html for these pages between the two parts

and

.clear { clear:both;}

in the css part of the header.

Chris

Cheers will give it a try!

• 1 month later...
Guest imjesus

Updated the site to V4 - will be getting it licensed shortly.

Check out www.evolution-slimming.com -- all feedback welcome!

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest imjesus

Hi! I have updated the page lots since the first post, please let me know what you think of it.

Also, I kinda need a bit of help - on large res monitors over 1440 x 900 etc the '.colMid' part of the CSS (The middle column where all the body stuff is...) is out of place and is over to the left instead of central!

On most monitors it is central, adjacent to the menu bar at the top of the page like it's meant to be!

Please could you view the site and tell me how it looks on your monitor - and if you know how to fix my problem please let me know!