Order Tracking in CC4

Guest eshopbrokers

Guest eshopbrokers

Hi,

I have seen the courier tracking field on the edit order page and I was wondering how you would supply tracking for a customers order. It asks for a URL, would that just be to the couriers website, or can we actually display the customers tracking number which they can then go on to track it at the couriers website?

• 2 months later...

Excellent question

Hi,

I have seen the courier tracking field on the edit order page and I was wondering how you would supply tracking for a customers order. It asks for a URL, would that just be to the couriers website, or can we actually display the customers tracking number which they can then go on to track it at the couriers website?

Hi,

It depends, some couriers show the process of a delivery on a single webpage, you just copy and past that url into the field. Or you can use the url that takes you to the home page or tracking page of your courier, and then provide the customer with their tracking number via the "notes to send to customer" field in admin. The customer will see the tracking link when they log into their account.

Guest Brivtech

Here's an example...

We use DHL, and they have online tracking in their website.

I can do 2 things:

1. Provide the customer with the tracking number, and the general tracking website.

2. Go to the tracking website myself, enter in the tracking number, and copy the generated URL, and provide that to the customer.

The second is slightly more work (But not much), and easier for the customer.

Obviously, each courier works a bit differently to each other.

• 2 months later...
Guest grahamlawton

But does anyone know how do you get this courier tracking URL into the 'dispatched' email?! :innocent:

As it stands, the one place it really should be showing - the email! - it doesn't. Odd!

Graham

Guest grahamlawton

Okay, I think I figured out how to get the tracking url into the emails... this seems to work in 4.2.3 with no bad side-effects I've noticed yet...

Open up classes/cart/order.php and around line 313 and right after...

:innocent: Graham ps. the current Royal Mail tracking url follows the following format...

$text .= macroSub($lang['email']['order_breakdown_2'],$macroArray);

unset($macroArray);

}

Copy and paste this in...

if(!empty($this->orderSum['courier_tracking'])) {

$macroArray = array(

"COURIER_URL" => $this->orderSum['courier_tracking']

);							

$text .= macroSub($lang['email']['order_breakdown_2a'],$macroArray);						

unset($macroArray);

}

Then after saving (oh, and you did do a backup first didn't you?!), open up languages/en/email.inc.php, and right after...

Payment Method: {PAYMENT_METHOD}

Shipping Method: {DELIVERY_METHOD}",

Copy and paste this in...

'order_breakdown_2a' => "\nCourier Tracking:\n{COURIER_URL}\n",

Save that file and now when you enter a tracking url in the Admin/Order side, it should show up on your dispatch emails too   
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=DH182063118GB

• 3 months later...
Guest jmn0426

i use USPS and UPS for my shipments. for those of you interested here are those two links. after the "=" at the end you would just type the tracking number and also do not forget to delete the < and > before and after the link it was there so you could see the entire link

UPS TRACKING

<http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&tracknum=>

USPS TRACKING

<http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=>

• 1 month later...
Guest urban_kings

i use USPS and UPS for my shipments. for those of you interested here are those two links. after the "=" at the end you would just type the tracking number and also do not forget to delete the < and > before and after the link it was there so you could see the entire link

UPS TRACKING

<http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&tracknum=>

USPS TRACKING

<http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=>

Hello,

Thanks for information this is what i have been looking for. I also will like to know if there anyway to add a drop menu on Courier Tracking section with diff shipping sites on my case it would be usps or ups. Once drop down menu has choosing company we would just add the tracking number and the customer get a link just to click and track.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...