Fatal error

Guest stampy

Guest stampy

Hi

Can't see this one anywhere else in the forum. Can anyone help. It happened after step 4 (which took me a while to work out, so don't know if I've done it properly). It now won't let me go back and try again or even start from the beginning.

Warning: require_once(../includes/functions.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sentient/public_html/setup/install.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sentient/public_html/setup/install.php on line 29

Thanks in advance!

Guest stampy

Thanks for responding.

I've gone back to Step 2, and this is what I've got:

includes/global Read Only

includes/extra/ Read Only

So I've renamed global to includes/global.inc.php and reset them to 0775 to make them readable.

I now get an error:

Warning: require_once(../includes/functions.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sentient/public_html/setup/install.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sentient/public_html/setup/install.php on line 29

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You should not change any file names! Only the permissions. In step 2 of the installation it checks to see if the files have the correct permissions.

The following files should be writable.

images/uploads/ Writable

images/uploads/thumbs/ Writable

images/logos/ Writable

includes/global.inc.php Writable

includes/extra/ Writable

cache/ Writable

Writable should be 777

Guest stampy

You should not change any file names! Only the permissions. In step 2 of the installation it checks to see if the files have the correct permissions.

The following files should be writable.

images/uploads/ Writable

images/uploads/thumbs/ Writable

images/logos/ Writable

includes/global.inc.php Writable

includes/extra/ Writable

cache/ Writable

Writable should be 777

Hi

Thanks again for responding. I tried changing the permissions to writable, but when I clicked Try Again nothing happened. The reason I tried to change the file name was because"includes/global.inc.php" is just called "includes/global" on mine. The adobe installation guide says to change the file name to includes/global.inc.php.

Any ideas?

Guest stampy

Can anyone help? At time of writing, there's been 269 views, and it's not a very exciting topic, so someone must know something!!!

Seriously, if anyone can help that would be great. I'm already a week into my 30 days free trial, and I'm close to scrapping the idea of cubecart altogether. If I can't even get it installed, my confidence in it as a system is hardly going to be very high.

Can you not start again from the beginning, delete the installation from your server and make sure your database has nothing in it or use a new database. Then upload the files and start again, check each step to see if the install is telling you its ok to proceed. Unless your server is not compatible in some way, cubecart is easy to install. Have you run the compat-test.php file to make sure?

Guest stampy

The server/database were completely clear at the beginning. The install was actually done by my hosting company up until the compat-test, which worked and they have also confirmed that they run cubecart v4 on their servers.

Thanks for your responses Ausy, and trying to help, but I'm getting nowhere with this and I've already spent several hours on an "easy to install" cubecart. I appreciate it must work for the majority, but if installing it is causing me this many problems I'm better off elsewhere!

Zen cart it is!