Categories.tpl Not Updating

Guest Ashley Rae

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem...

I updated a v3 skin to work with v4, and everything appears to be working just fine, except for the categories menu.

First, the 'sales items' item isn't listed on the menu, and the box itself extends way too far down the page with the other boxes seeming to float on top of it.

I copied the categories.tpl box from the classic skin to the v3 skin and it does the same thing.

I copied the index.tpl file from the global folder for the classic skin to the v3 skin and it does the same thing.

I even went so far as to remove all the content from the categories box, and it made no difference on the page.

I even deleted the file and it made no difference.

I did a 'view source' on the page, and noticed something...

The source code for the page shows

<div class="boxContentLeft" style="padding: 2px;">

but my categories.tpl for that skin shows this

<div class="boxContentLeft" style="padding: 0px;">

I ran a find/replace to see if I could find the first one anywhere in the skin, but it doesn't exist anywhere at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try disabling SQL caching in general settings, then clearing the cache with the admin tools (bottom of the menu)

Well, I disabled the SQL caching, but the clear cache option wasn't there. However, the menu and whole left side was fixed.

I then enabled SQL caching again, and the clear cache option showed back up, so I did that and everything is still working.

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...

Try disabling SQL caching in general settings, then clearing the cache with the admin tools (bottom of the menu)

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm just customizing my first CC4 store, done quite a few CC3 stores and this has had me puzzled for about 2 hours!!

Many thanks for solving this!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justclint

SQL caching should always be disabled during site development :( ... but remember to enable it again on site launch :yeahhh:

Hi Im using cubecart 4 and started to bang my head on my desk as things werent updating as expected. Then I found this post.

I have gone and turned off sql caching but I can not find any button called "clear cache."

At the very bottom of my admin nav menu I have:

Maintenance

* Database

* Backup

* Thumbnails

* Rebuild & Recount

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Clint