HSBC Payment Gateway - HSBC says there is a problem

I would like anyone that uses the (UK) HSBC payment gateway on CC to post so that I can in future ask if you experience any problems.

A week to 10 days ago HSBC contacted me to say the verification to Mastercard and Visa was not working correctly. The orders were still going through okay and money landing in the bank account. However HSBC need the secondary verification working so that we don't have full liability.

HSBC have been in contact a number of times and asked to make changes, and have now received information on what is being sent (minus any passwords or login details) to them to confirm the correct information is being sent. They still haven't confirmed what the exact problem is.

Please post if you simply use the HSBC gateway and say if you have been contacted too.

Hi Rag

I have been looking into this today for a small client of mine and I have found a BUG in the HSBC module. To fix it do the following:

Open "modules\gateway\HSBC\form.inc.php"

Find:

<input type="hidden" name="PurchaseAmount" value="£<?php echo $_POST['amount'];?>" />

Replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="PurchaseAmount" value="<?php echo $_POST['amount'];?>" />

Find:

<input type="hidden" name="PurchaseAmountRaw" value="<?php preg_replace('#[^0-9]#', '', $_POST['amount']);?>" />

Replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="PurchaseAmountRaw" value="<?php echo preg_replace('#[^0-9]#', '', $_POST['amount']);?>" />

This has worked for us lets hope it does for you!!

Adam

Adam

Wow that was a quick response Acweb

I shall have my very camp webdesigner look at those lines over the weekend, fingers crossed he will get it working for me too. HSBC called again today so it's all become quite urgent.

Have HSBC confirmed it's working for your client?

The changes made now brings up the Matercard password verification (didn't used to come up) payments are still completing fine as well so all is looking good. The guy at HSBC hasn't come back to me to say everything is spot on yet, how about you Acweb? But it does seem to be fully functioning

Anyone using the HSBC gateway definately look to have the code updated once I confirm it is all working correctly.

Transactions used to read

Payer Security Level - Payer authentication supported, but authentication results unavailable

but now read

Payer Security Level - Payer authentication supported - authentication succeeded

Thanks for your help ACweb, Adam.

Have you reported the solution in the bugtracker?