Where do I go to upgrade from V4.0.3 to latest V4.2.2?

Guest jannette

Guest jannette

I've got a copy of cubecart V4.0.3 and there's a "4.2.2 is Available" clickable box in the Admin logon section of the shopping cart, when I click on that it takes me to https://cp.cubecart.com where I have to logon - it wont let me, so I created a new logon & p/w but then there's no connection between that logon and my existing account.

Don't know where to go to get the latest upgrade software.

Can anyone tell me where the latest software download is please. Went to cubecart downloads but then you have to buy the product or support, I just want the upgrade. read the readme.txt file - didn't say where the upgrade software was. This is very frustrating - site is not working while I try to find this, would really appreciate some help here.

Thanking you in advance,

Jannette

Sounds like you created a new account but you probably already have one, use the forgot my log in details link and enter the email address that you used originally. The system will send you your log in details, once you log in you will be able to download the new version.

Guest jannette

Well after searching for 3 hours, I've finally found the password for this. Cause we need a million different passwords for Cubecart!!!!

Logged in, and I'm not surprised to find that the support ran out 12 days ago.

So, now I've installed the new version of Cubecart but now I've found that the version of PHP is too old (V4.4.8). Rang server host people, who informed me that they had no idea when and if a new version of PHP (V5.2.0) would be available and I should write and ask them! I've written to them and await their reply. In the mean time...

I'm back to the drawing board.

I took a backup of the Cubecart software and am now re-installing that on the server - so I'm back to the same problem as before.

Can't upgrade because of PHP Version being old.

Can't operate shop, because its gone weird.

Will try installing a "fresh original" copy of each file - 1 at a time.

Thank you very much for your help, I will think about this again and in the meantime,

once all files are reloaded on the server (V4.0.3) will install one "fresh-original" file at a time to see if that helps.

Jannette

Guest jannette

Dear all,

GOOD NEWS (yes I know I'm shouting!!!),

Run down of what I think happened and what fixed it...

I had 100M set as the limit on the server for the website. It reached its limit (when an image was uploaded), the site just went really weird and didn't reference $amounts, Product numbers, Category numbers, categories, sale items etc .

Increased limit to 250M, (I then did a heap of things, copying files, overwriting files etc but I don't think they did anything - good or bad).

Using the website's Admin, I uploaded another image to the shopping cart (so I think just accessing the database seemed to "reset" it!).

And it now works perfectly again with nothing missing!

It only took me days to figure this out!

But now done, so if you reach the server limit, expect weird things, reset the host server limit for the website to a much larger limit, update the database (by say adding a product with an image through Admin), and it should then be fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Jannette