WWW or Not

nairB

My SSL is set with the prefix WWW. CubeCart will not always stay using a WWW. When I'm in FireFox this seems to cause problem with what is really in the cart. It has one cart for WWW.url. and another amount in the cart for the url without a WWW prefix. If I manually place a WWW prefix and refresh the page the cart amount changes. IE doesn't seem to care with or without and has the valid amount in the cart no matter what.

How can I get FireFox to keep the same amount in the cart whether or not the WWW is the prefix of the URL?

thanks, brian

I'm able to get CubeCart to always have a WWW as a prefix by creating an htaccess file that inserts a prefix WWW for all URLs. CubeCart now remembers and only has one visible cart for a visitor. BUT, the "add to basket" and "buy" buttons do not add contents to the current cart. I say current, because if I remove the htaccess file the added contents are in the non-WWW url cart. I can manually added contents to the cart by using a product code and using the "add" button.

It looks as though CubeCart mistakenly uses two sessions for a visitor. One for WWW and one non-WWW, and intermixes these when using the cart. Is there a way to have CubeCart use just one cart/session?